Reeforbust

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
DAY........
moonday.jpg

NIGHT........
moonshot.jpg

Aah! Wonderful.
I love photos of the moon and try and try to get a decent one myself. I find it NOT easy. For some reason I do like that moon-during-the-day-pic very, very much! The sky is such a nice blue and sometimes the moon seems to become translucent (not here, not yet, not quite). I love that.

Thanks!

I have tried Many, Many times to get a good moon shot and it has been very hard, so even though these aren't perfect, I'm happy with them.:D

It's a good idea to contrast day versus night for the same subject -- especially the moon. Well captured; the tad bit of noise in both pictures can be easily removed with one pass through Noiseware, Noise Ninja, NeatImage, etc.

Noise.....My worst enemy!

I think its time to jump up to a DSLR from this Canon G5. I have a very hard time getting action shots without Tons of noise.:x

Reeforbust said:
Noise.....My worst enemy! I think its time to jump up to a DSLR from this Canon G5. I have a very hard time getting action shots without Tons of noise.:x
Noise is the nemesis of all of us. But, you have an excellent P&S camera already to work with, so beware of "throwing the baby out with the bath water" just to improve noise. Many exposures, even with a DSLR, just cannot avoid some noise. I have to run most of my shots from the Canon 300D at 400/800 ISO through the Noiseware software.

You might download the Noiseware freeware version and use it for awhile. It will be less expensive than buying a DSLR. :lol:

You might download the Noiseware freeware version and use it for awhile. It will be less expensive than buying a DSLR.

That for sure!!!:lol: I'll give it a try.:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back