the pet peeves thread

WIND!
why why oh why must it always be around when I have my macro lens out?

Ah! Overread! You are right!!! That could become one of mine, too! (If only I didn't forget them from one time to the next ... I'm too cheerful for pet peeves, I'm afraid).

:( I know when im not wanted.
Its not that man... just that office staff dont know what warehouse staff do, but think they know our jobs. If they stayed at their desks and did their own work instead of putting their noses in everyone elses work, things would run a lot smoother. :er:

teachers oblivious to the fact that you're ****faced in the middle of the school day.
no, wait, that's a blessing.

I find it alarming that this isn't the first pet peeve thread, and that one could actually have gotten results from searching for a previous one.

alarming? :lol:
harmless mistake, I suppose.

When people look at the glass as half empty, not half full.

:lol::lol: Had to do that Chris!

alarming? :lol:
harmless mistake, I suppose.
Just in case......

Please note the smiley in my post above. I don't mean anything negative about my comment. Just thought it was funny because I remembered the "pet peeve" thread from a while ago :D

The new one for me is, all the crap going around about "tips for driving to increase fuel economy". Then they list stupid common sense driving tips that you should be doing to not be driving like a complete moron.

I enjoy driving if you couldn't tell. I don't enjoy driving with all the idiots on the roads though. Nor do I enjoy the idiots purchasing cars so that the market produces all this auto crap. Auto transmissions, anti-lock brakes, and the rest is similar to the AUTO mode on an advanced camera that you should be using the manual modes if you want to be in the photography hobby in my mind.

People that drive in the left lane on a highway when they are not passing anyone. The left lane is for passing only!!!!!! There are signs on most highways stating "keep right unless passing".

people who yell on mobile phones so that everyone can hear they are on it even when its not noisy.

People who carry their phones in their hands and not using the thousand pockets they have.

My boss coming to me at 4pm to tell me something needs to be done for tomorrow because he failed to realise it needed to be done as he was too busy jackin off most of the day.

When people look at the glass as half empty, not half full.
Neither is right.

Ask an engineer - in both cases you are using the wrong glass.

That so winds me up :er:

Lose means to be defeated
Loose is unrestrained, or near unrestrained.

One cannot 'loose' their keys, unless you're releasing them into the wild. Pleas make the distinction!

While we're on the topic:
Quite != Quiet
Jess' keys means there's multiple Jesses, what you mean is Jess's

And for the love of God, read what you type before you post to make sure it makes sense!

(Not directed at anyone in particular, in fact it more refers to the video gaming forum I'm on, but they're good rules to live by on the interblag.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back