The "What You Had For Dinner" thread. :D

Bifurcator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I had soba noodles with flame roasted egg-plant, nato, and cucumber slivers.

Dinner_001.jpg

Burp! Mmmm!​

How about you?

well I am a huge fan of Asian food except for the spicy stuff but I have never heard of seen something called nato is that the brown stuff that look like beans?
ok all I had for dinner today was a huge slice of strawberry cheese cake so there's not much to show here :sillysmi: its because its unusually freaking hot here today at least for Sweden

It's an ancient ethnic food from the Jomon era (before 300 BC) rich in protein, vitamin K, and digestive bacterium useful for general health, libido, heart attack prevention, and cancer prevention. It's soy beans that are soaked in water for a day, steamed for 4 or 5 hours, and then packed into purse like structure made from dried rice straw (hay) and left to sit in a cold dry place for a month or so. The straw has a kind of bacilli that ferments or breaks down the soybean protein into its constituent amino acids. So, :D basically, :lol: it's, :lmao: rotten soybeans. :wink: I think it has two spellings if you want to look it up: Nato (納豆) in Japan, and Natto in the English speaking countries - pronounced gnaw-toe :D.

I remember all on that plate ... fondly!

As for me, I did not have dinner yet, but I will prepare Crepes with cheese
probably.

Well share the image mate!

Mmmm, cheese crepes!! :D

Here was todays':

Mac_01.jpg

McDonald's the healthy way.

Mac_02.jpg

A Bachelor's Gourmet.

Mac_03.jpg

Mmm, mmm, mmm!

Where's everyone elses? No one eats dinner??? :p

Last edited:
OMG! are you on a diet or something? :D jk but a tiny mceedee's burger doesn't seem to be much of a meal :p

I bought 40 of them. ;)

I only ate two though. :D

But by the time you add your own lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and mayo they're more filling than a Big Mac by far!

yeah you are probably right but why did you buy 40!! McDonalds hamburgers? too lazy to cook? :mrgreen: or you are just a huge fan of mceedees

Yeah... do you know how much work it is to pat out and fry 40 patties? And then manage all those buns. Plus buying at McD's is about 1/2 price from just the burger meat - not even including the buns. I bought so many cuz one of my sons dropped by with his family on the way back from ayu (香魚) fishing. So I was feeding a small army. :D

Last edited:
Yeah... do you know how much work it is to pat out and fry 40 patties? And then manage all those buns. Plus buying at McD's is about 1/2 price from just the burger meat - not even including the buns. I bought so many cuz one of my sons dropped by with his family on the way back from ayu fishing. So I was feeding a small army. :D

wow then I guess it's really cheap eating at Mceedees in Japan lol well here in Sweden I usually prefer eating at a regular restaurant because the prices are almost the same :confused:
lol man are you that old? no offense but it's surprising to see an older person from Japan who speaks English very well. hehe I am sure the kids must have loved the burgers :mrgreen:

Yeah, that's true here too. Except for the regular hamburger. They're $0.70 in USD or Y89 in Japanese yen. A bag of 6 buns here is $2.50 and enough meat for 6 patties is between $5.00 and $6.00 somewhere. The problem is... that Mac's regular hamburgers totally suck! So, a trip to the garden for some veggies and problem solved. :)

And yup! I'm ancient and a half dude! I was born before surfing was a sport! :D

wow thats cheap! I think a regular burger cost more than twice here. hehe yeah I hate the regular burgers too hmm why didn't you add a slice of cheese and couple slices of bacon when you were at it :D

Bacon and avocado are usuals but cheese doesn't melt on those things after you get them home. ;) I think someone did actually get up and get out a pack of natural cheese slices though.

wow thats cheap! I think a regular burger cost more than twice here. hehe yeah I hate the regular burgers too hmm why didn't you add a slice of cheese and couple slices of bacon when you were at it :D

You have Maxburger over there, the best burgers on earth. They are proper meals, and leave all that McD, KFC and BK rubbish well behind :D

Most reactions

Back