Thinking to buy Nikon D5200 DSLR. Is that a good choice??

I buy a lot of stuff of Ebay - I'm careful to read the description and ask about anything important they don't specify so I have everything in writing before I bid, and I only deal with reputable sellers. Never had a problem. I'd love to get a 7100, but I think my best bet will be to wait until the 7200 comes out. Who knows, if the 7200 is all that it's cracked up to be I might just go that route instead, whatever gives me the best bang for my buck.

Go full frame. Don't upgrade to another APS-C. If you have lots of DX lenses then it might be really painful ...

Well i don't have a lot of dx lenses, however for me I don't think full frame would really be all that cost effective. For the vast majority of what I shoot the crop factor comes in very handy, and I don't really think the lowlight improvement would really be worth the additional cost at least for what I do.

I might look at full frame at some point but for right now the aps-c has been doing the job fine.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Well i don't have a lot of dx lenses, however for me I don't think full frame would really be all that cost effective. For the vast majority of what I shoot the crop factor comes in very handy, and I don't really think the lowlight improvement would really be worth the additional cost at least for what I do. I might look at full frame at some point but for right now the aps-c has been doing the job fine. Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Cool. I've always believed in spending what is needed vs what is good to have. Camera built aside(unless I shoot in extreme weathers frequently) the main attraction of owning a full frame cam is obviously the better IQ which the 35mm sensor provides. ISO wise I think some of the mid level cams can do pretty well.

Well i don't have a lot of dx lenses, however for me I don't think full frame would really be all that cost effective. For the vast majority of what I shoot the crop factor comes in very handy, and I don't really think the lowlight improvement would really be worth the additional cost at least for what I do. I might look at full frame at some point but for right now the aps-c has been doing the job fine. Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Cool. I've always believed in spending what is needed vs what is good to have. Camera built aside(unless I shoot in extreme weathers frequently) the main attraction of owning a full frame cam is obviously the better IQ which the 35mm sensor provides. ISO wise I think some of the mid level cams can do pretty well.

The D610 doesn't offer much of a significant IQ boost over something like the D5200. The main attraction to me for a full frame camera is a shallower depth of field, better lens options (ie. 35mm on a crop sensor has worse bokeh and overall performance than a 50mm on full frame), and better handling of high ISO.

At least for me thus far the crop sensor has filled me needs wonderfully. Having faster glass makes a huge difference at least in my experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the better lowlight of the full frame and for some pictures not having the crop factor might be nice, I just can't really justify the cost for what I do.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Go for D5300 if you don't use older lenses!!

In my opinion, the D5300 is too close in price to the D7100 to warrant the price hike over the D5200. The only reason to get the D5300 currently would be if you need 60 fps 1080p video.

Please advice, How to setup video at 60 frames per second? I don't know where to change it. . Please advice. .

And also I couldn't able to turn on HDR, it's grey out. . Please help me out on that too. . Thanks

Go for D5300 if you don't use older lenses!!

In my opinion, the D5300 is too close in price to the D7100 to warrant the price hike over the D5200. The only reason to get the D5300 currently would be if you need 60 fps 1080p video.

Please advice, How to setup video at 60 frames per second? I don't know where to change it. . Please advice. .

And also I couldn't able to turn on HDR, it's grey out. . Please help me out on that too. . Thanks

Anyone here to help me :(

Anyone here to help me :(

It's all in your owners manual !!!!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back