Time for a new printer.

Moe Sizlack

Student
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to print some pictures this morning using my hp7960 and the color was way off. This is the first time I have used this printer since upgrading to windows vista so I checked if the driver was up to date. Turns out it is a reduced functionality driver and they are not going to update it any further. Thanks a lot HP!

I've had this for several years now so it's probably time for a new one anyway. Anybody have any suggestions for a decent inkjet photo printer. Cost is fairly important, I got this one refurbed for like $79 if memory serves. If anybody has come across any deals lately I'd love to hear about them.

Why do people upgrade to vista? honestly?

if you've got an XP cd, just revert back to that and have pretty much everything be compatible.

As far as prints go, I stopped doing my own long ago becuase I was spending way too much money doing them at home and it's just cheaper to get much higher quality prints form Costco.

The canon ip range produce pretty impressive results.

I got the pixma ip4200 with no hassles (even with vista). Ink cartriges are a little pricey since all the colour ones seem to run out at the same time.

But overall, pretty impressed.

Yup...I like my Canon iP5000
Had mine since they first appeared and I would imagine that newer Canons are good as well. All manufacturers are working on this so check out on-line comparisons of the big three in printers: Canon, HP, and Epson.

Are you guys having a problems with your Epson printers clogging or chip error messages with refillable cartridges, and aftermarket ink? Any suggestions for a printer-ink-paper set up for a fairly high production need?

In regards to Epson, the yellow clogs on my 4000 pro once in a while. Real pain since it takes a lot of ink to clean it. Geat printer, expensive ink. CIS is definitley the way to go. If you are going to print a lot from home, make sure the printer you choose has a Continuous ink kit available.

I've never even heard of these continous ink systems... I'm sure going to be looking into it though. Sounds interesting...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back