Time for a new printer.

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Moe Sizlack, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Moe Sizlack

Moe Sizlack Student

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I went to print some pictures this morning using my hp7960 and the color was way off. This is the first time I have used this printer since upgrading to windows vista so I checked if the driver was up to date. Turns out it is a reduced functionality driver and they are not going to update it any further. Thanks a lot HP!

I've had this for several years now so it's probably time for a new one anyway. Anybody have any suggestions for a decent inkjet photo printer. Cost is fairly important, I got this one refurbed for like $79 if memory serves. If anybody has come across any deals lately I'd love to hear about them.

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Why do people upgrade to vista? honestly?

if you've got an XP cd, just revert back to that and have pretty much everything be compatible.

As far as prints go, I stopped doing my own long ago becuase I was spending way too much money doing them at home and it's just cheaper to get much higher quality prints form Costco.

3. PushingTin

PushingTin TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The canon ip range produce pretty impressive results.

I got the pixma ip4200 with no hassles (even with vista). Ink cartriges are a little pricey since all the colour ones seem to run out at the same time.

But overall, pretty impressed.

4. deanimator

deanimator TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yup...I like my Canon iP5000
    Had mine since they first appeared and I would imagine that newer Canons are good as well. All manufacturers are working on this so check out on-line comparisons of the big three in printers: Canon, HP, and Epson.

5. mark38c

mark38c TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Are you guys having a problems with your Epson printers clogging or chip error messages with refillable cartridges, and aftermarket ink? Any suggestions for a printer-ink-paper set up for a fairly high production need?

6. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
  7. soylentgreen

soylentgreen TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    In regards to Epson, the yellow clogs on my 4000 pro once in a while. Real pain since it takes a lot of ink to clean it. Geat printer, expensive ink. CIS is definitley the way to go. If you are going to print a lot from home, make sure the printer you choose has a Continuous ink kit available.

8. Moe Sizlack

Moe Sizlack Student

Photos OK to edit
    I've never even heard of these continous ink systems... I'm sure going to be looking into it though. Sounds interesting...