Too distracting?

Allsmiles7282

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is from a shoot I did over the weekend. I'm not big on putting babies in baskets but the mom saw my basket sitting there and really wanted me to try it. The following picture is from the basket shots and I'm so upset because it would have been totally cute but I feel like the white blanket in the bottom right hand corner is too distracting. What do you think?

5745742deb4d532.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I find it slightly distracting...but not too distracting. The good eye contact with the cute subject is strong enough as a focal point.

I didn't even notice it until you pointed it out. I suppose it could be a bit distracting but the subject in this case most certainly grabbed my attention first. Very good picture and of course a very cute baby.

I think it gives the picture depth...the baby is "in" the blanket opposed to "on it"

It may be construed as distracting but, I didn't really notice untill you pointed it out. I would have maintained the same dof throughout and that would have gotten rid of the "blurry" blanket. Otherwise a nice shot...I especially like the eye contact

Great shot, I think if you burned it in a little it would be less distracting.

Personally, I don't find it distracting. It looks like she/he is cozy and enveloped in the blanket.:heart: Very cute!

I don't think it's distracting, I think it adds to the perspective of the shot.

Great job, by the way.

My eye went straight to the baby's face and hands...I found the out of focus part of the blanket to show a sense of "protection" and "security."
I like it!!

Thank you so much for your kind words. When I presented the picture to the mom, she gushed and gushed, making me think that she could care less about the corner. So all in all, it was okay. Just wish things could be perfect, though I know they never will be!! :wink:

Did you not like it much in color? I bet that baby has some pretty eyes!

It's only a tad bit, shouldn't really be a problem though. It's still a real good and adorable shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back