tools problem in cs3/vista

emogirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.imageevent.com
I'm having a glitch in my system, i think.... Its completely random...My cursor for brush tools are only showing a crosshair, no circle around it. And yes, i have checked a thousand times under edit//preferences that they are showing full brush.... Sometimes the circle is there, sometimes i only have a cross hair. I have no idea why!!! It will just suddenly disappear. this is on my new lap top with vista.

I have cs3 also loaded on my pc with xp, and do not have any problems. so i think it has to do with the vista on my laptop.
Any ideas? or is there something i could possibly be hitting on the laptop keyboard that is doing that....which i can understand, since I am new to the laptop this week.

any ideas would be appreciated. I still muddle along, having used ps for so long i have a good idea of my working diameter, but at times, i really need precision!!! help!

hmm... well, i'm running the same setup (cs3.vista) and i dont think thats ever happened to me... i cant think of any way to fix it though other than what you were talking about with the prefferences.... sorry i couldnt help though!

Hey Tony.....i found the problem!!! I had to wonder if it was something i was hitting on the keyboard, as i am new to the laptop and its setup and everythign is so darn slippery. Well, my frustration got the better of me this morning, so i started a trial and error hitting buttons....its the caps lock button...it takes away the circle and leaves a crosshair!!

Yeah, problem solved....

lol well, sometimes thats the only way i guess! congrats on solving your problem!

:lol: Caps Lock

I'm not laughing at you...just with you. I've been infuriated by the exact same thing.

Just as an FYI, there's a setting in the preferences that toggles that.

How do you guys like the new customization in CS3?..LOL...kidding

That's what's causing all this.
Adobe made it so you can customize just about everything, except the actual interface color which they've decided to make extra-bright.
Many people can't stand the brightness. They really SHOULD make it so you can at least choose a color scheme like they have in After Effects.
For photography and design purposes people like to have a monochromatic scheme that's darker than anything within the document window.
For obvious reasons of course.

I personally can't stand to have a colorful environment. It throws my color perception off big time.
Thankfully, the MacOS allows you to have a graphite scheme that's system wide. I hate the blue buttons and multi-colored jewels on the windows!

It's ironic that MS tried to steal alot of the functionality of vista straight from MacOS X, and has succeeded in enraging windows veterans because of it.
When was the last time you heard a Mac user b1tch about a system function that doesn't play well with Photoshop?

Some will disagree, but IMO, the Mac is the perfect environment for all design purposes. It's so well suited for it.
You got the option for a monochromatic color scheme with optional high/low contrast that's system wide.
Then you have system wide color management on the Mac, then all the small graphic applications built right into the MacOS that work in such a seamless manner with all design apps.

I think that people who use their computer for any sort of design work would choose to go with the MacOS if they were properly informed of the advantages, and weren't resistant to the change.

Everytime I see you having a vista problem emogirl, I wanna say "You shoulda got a Mac".
But knowing that you don't like change at all, you'd probably have a pretty tough time in the beginning.
Once you made the transition though, you'd be kicking yourself for not doing it sooner because the Mac is built for design work from the ground up!

Once you go mac you never go back :) (Macbook Pro user)

I had that capslock problem also for about 2 weeks untill someone told me! lol The mac beta version on cs3 also had that problem but you couldnt turn it back on :) (so did ps7 beta tho...)

Some will disagree, but IMO, the Mac is the perfect environment for all design purposes. It's so well suited for it.
You got the option for a monochromatic color scheme with optional high/low contrast that's system wide.
Then you have system wide color management on the Mac, then all the small graphic applications built right into the MacOS that work in such a seamless manner with all design apps.
I agree 100%, Apple has been there for designers since day 1 , and they listen to what the pro's want. The thing I like the most about OS X is that everything just works all the time and how everything is organized throughout the operating system.

How is vista as far as bugs and random things not working? I remember XP gave me all sorts of fits when it came out.

from my experience, Vista has been working just fine. But i'll let kim answer that for herself becase thats who you directed your question at.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back