Total Newbie Here

Ezylyf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone, totally new to this forum. Am an avid Kayak fisherman and belong to 3 fishing forums. That is why I joined this forum because I have experienced how fast you can learn from forums. The Kayak gives me many opportunities for outdoor photos and want to incorporate photography in with my fishing. Have been and still will use my Olympus Stylus waterproof camera, but want expand for some great shots.
So after extensive research I have purchased a Nikon D-90. I want to start out on the right foot so I know I will get the answers I need at this forum. Do not want to shoot professionally, just make a fun hobby out of it.

Questions....
Courses - Should I take courses at a junior college,etc.- Or take online courses.

Photo store where purchased from has a 3 hour intro course, this seems like a good place to start.

Camera came with a Nikon DX AF-S Nikkor 18 - 105mm lens - will this lens be all I need or should I invest in others.

Want to print nice pictures - what type of printer should I have and whats the best photo paper.

Should I have a different photo program other than the one I have now which is Windows...

Thanks and looking forward to feedback, I am sure I will have dozens of more questions.

When I saw you were a kayaker I immediatedly thought of this thread that is still active. I think it just happened a couple of weeks ago.
Thought you would find it interesting.

Welcome to the forum!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/beyond-basics/188482-dunked-my-camera-any-tips.html

Oh yea, have thought that one out already. Have a waterproof case to carry it in. Will only take the camera out of case when conditions are perfect, even though it can still be dunked, but willing to take the chance since I purchased it for that reason. It will feel strange though to be holding this D90 over the water, the pics will be worth it....
Thanks for the reply

Wowie, one lens? I would go nuts! LOL Canon Glass Junkie here... I would say for an all purpose walk around lens the one you got is fine, however if you would like to get creative such as playing with the Bokeh effect (soft blurred backgrounds and sharp focus on your subjects) you will need to pic up a niffty fifty, or something like it with a wide F-stop 2.8 or lower. Just a thought...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back