Towering over...

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...Boston, Lincolnshire, is the medieval church of St Botolph. Its tower is the tallest (272 feet) of any English parish church (some spires are taller), and that height means it creeps into many shots taken around the centre of the town (and beyond). Here I framed it with the cobbles, pub and shops of Church Street, and the summer sky above.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/06/streets-and-names.html

Boston-Church-Street.jpg

I love all the elements to this shot: the cobblestones (not often seen in North America), the corner pub, the baskets of flowers, the bicyclist on the narrow street, lovely brick buildings, and of course that beautiful church tower and the blue sky. So sharply captured as well.

That is really pretty.

For some reason I'm thinking of hearing church bells ringing all over town on Sunday mornings. Here we got horns honking and road rage. Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful colors.

Thanks for the feedback Antarctican, Abraxas & BoblyBill. This one needed a bit of work, starting with correcting the converging verticals and ending with lightening the shadow areas (I exposed for the sky). This is a much-photographed building, so it's hard to come up with a different view.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back