TPF Book?

I was thinking along the same lines as you Md, and having a vote like there was for the calendar, whoever wants to enter shots in the book could, and then we could vote upon them...another idea but not sure how it would work would be to let each member that wanted to be included have a page of their own with a few pics on it...that could end up being tons and tons of pages though...

we could set a number of pages as the maximum for the book...
then...

have voting for the random top (how many ever pages) of the book.

that would be all of our content.

then!!!!!

we have a final vote for the cover shot.

i like it!!!!!

Depending on how many pages we go with (and what options are available), we could probably try to put something together with a page for everyone that preordered...or something along those lines.

Just tossing out ideas :)

Jeff Canes said:
How do we market this beyond the forum?

I was wondering the same thing...could advertise in a magazine, or maybe sell it on amazon or ebay?

i'd rather have it seperated into subject sections (aka potrait, abstract, landscape, etc.) and let each person have no more than one photo per section, or something like that. maybe have nice big black pages (standard 11.5x8 or whatever it is) with smaller (4x6 or 5x7 - a couple 8x10s maybe) photos inside would be very sleek and professional too, i think. just an idea. but this is all in the air right now of course, i think it's great that we are going to try and do it!

thats going to be the biggest problem, the cost, unless anyone here is particularly friendly with a printer who'd be able to cut us a deal. If it costs too much to make it's gonna cost a lot to buy!

hmm maybe we might be able to put some small advertisements to companies who will donate us and help with printing? For example on a back cover...

Couple more to think about...

1. What could be the investment involved (monetary)? We are talking about publishing a photo book, aren't we?
2. What could be the theme? - I mean landscape, portraits etc?
3. Target market? - Is it just us or are we talking about promoting it at amazon?
4. Photos and text (if text in involved, what would it be about?) or just photos?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back