Tripod?

Do you NORMALLY carry a tripod with you?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters
Especially the 222 Joystick. It's only about $55 in the shop near my house - so sexy... and REALLY well made. Feels VERY solid with silky smooth movement. Same with my current friction ball too actually.

I saw a used joystick for sale yesterday at my local shop -- almost bought it as it was really cool!

I was just about to make a post about this. I will post it after stating that I voted "no". However, I have been considering changing that for a few weeks now.
..............................................................................................................

I am a non-tripod user. I used to be a user, in my film days, and just after making the switch to digital. However, ever since I bought my first DSLR, Canon D30, I have not used one regularly. I do have one, a nice Manfroto head on SLIK legs. But I only use it indoors, for self portraits and shooting macro stuff in my light tent.

I am a photographer. I have almost 9 years of experience, and I know that shooting with a pod is a big deal, but I can't seem to actually pick the damn thing up as I am heading out the door. it's a pain in the hind quarters. I have used a monopod in the past, mine broke just a couple of weeks ago, but I find it to be quite cumbersome as well.

What I am wondering here is, why do you non-tripodders, like myself, not use one, and do you think your images suffer from not using one? And, how do you tripod users deal with this awkward piece of equipment, yet still manage to get shots that look like you were HH your cameras?

I carry my tripod in my vehicle always but, carry a monopod more. I can dangle it off of my pack easier and use it faster when needed.

I saw a used joystick for sale yesterday at my local shop -- almost bought it as it was really cool!

I figure for $50 new with a built quality that good - why the heck not? $50 is what, 2 pizzas an a 6-pack right? :D I guess it was less than that used?

BTW, probably the main reason I carry the pod everywhere I go with my current camera is that the images are too noisy at ISO 200 so I leave it at ISO 64 100% of the time. With it's advanced "AS" (AntiShake) system that's like 400 ASA on a film camera but that still leaves allot of shots wanting a pod. I carried it around everywhere with my D2x too but didn't use it near as often - night stuff mostly.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back