Trouble with Extension Tubes

I went with a cheap set that has worked for me so far. Vivitar VIV-EXT-N 3 Set Extension Tubes

Seem to do what they are supposed to do, for me.

I'm already ready for a macro lens though. I didn't think I'd enjoy macro so much or I'd have gone with a lens in the first place instead of buying the tubes.

The vivitars have electrical and mechanical linkage.. the cheaper ones dont, so there is no way to control aperture with the really cheap ones > http://www.amazon.com/Fotodiox-Exte...id=1357752647&sr=1-3&keywords=extension+tubes

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I went with a cheap set that has worked for me so far. Vivitar VIV-EXT-N 3 Set Extension Tubes

Seem to do what they are supposed to do, for me.

I'm already ready for a macro lens though. I didn't think I'd enjoy macro so much or I'd have gone with a lens in the first place instead of buying the tubes.

The vivitars have electrical and mechanical linkage.. the cheaper ones dont, so there is no way to control aperture with the really cheap ones > Amazon.com: Fotodiox Nikon Macro Extension Tube Set Kit for Extreme Close-up, Fits Nikon Cameras: Electronics

Thanks, I should have been more clear. I just meant that they work, and yes they have the right parts to work. They cost a little more than the cheapest of cheap that just have the extension.

Even with that said I already think that if a person will do much macro they'll be happier with a macro lens if they are able to have one.

Thanks agiain

Most reactions

Back