Trying something new

YES--MUCH,much better er111a. In this photo you are using repetition, like you did in the prior effort. However, as one learns in design classes, excessive repetition is the enemy of good,solid fundamental design. Your prior effort had four separate frames, slapped together, with different colors on each, which caused excessive dissonance; dissonance is another design principle that a composer or photographer can use to advantage; too much dissonance, as in four separate colored blocks, was causing a mess in the original effort. In this shot, you use the same idea, repetition of the same image and shapes, but you eliminate the excessive, garish,jarring lemme-duplicate this-then-try four-different-colors-just-for-the-hell-of-it-and-let's-see-if-it-sticks and instead go with the idea of REPETITION in moderation.

By arranging the four images in the way you did here, you've created a clever diamond-shape within a square composition, and there is repetition and symmetry, within a single color palette. THIS EFFORT uses sound,proven elements and principles of design,and is an example of how to use the elements and principles of design for a PURPOSE, and with some skill. THIS shot is good...the earlier effort was crappy. Here, you've created something worthwhile,and not a gaudy, let-me-experiment-and-hope-for-something-to-stick monstrosity.

The elements and principles of design and composition is something one will learn at university fine arts classes. That's where I learned this stuff. Contrast this C&C with the one cloudywind gave you on the original try...he thought there was something there, but you needed to re-do the entire thing...which you did. Props to you.

Oh, this is way cool! Much better than the original! Just one thought - the dog seems a bit overexposed, but you know, that matters less in the 2nd version.

You might find this_themed_thread interesting, er111a, and you might thus find out that your experiment might have been new to you, but isn't that new all together. (Unfortunately, most links on Page 1 are broken by now, among which were many of my own pics), but on Page 2 there still are some. And I'm going to look through my DVDs now to find my Kaleidoscopes again to re-upload them).

It is good to see you experiment,
There are some things that dont get done in PP now, and there is a reason some times for that, sorry to be bland, but it doesn't look all that appealing to me, it could very well be what you like, thats fine, but if your aim is to make other people like it too, I dont think you are using the correct technique, it all seems very 90s to me when kaleidoscopes were cool.

It is good you are experimenting though, jut keep at it, you will find something that works.

Just not doin' it for me....nice try, but no sale for me,sir!

How surprising... Can you admit that you are not very creative and that, maybe, just maybe, you should stay away from creative stuff?

Now, to the OP, I don't like much of your stuff. I tend to agree that most of your work seems to be disguising your lack of basic technical skills but I happen to like something about this one.

Of course, as is often the case with you, you don't really know when to stop. The PP that is.

The frame that keeps changing color is very annoying to me. Also the divider cross that doesn't jive in the center. Make those a solid color and make the center point jive and I think you have a very nice one.

Just my $2's worth. :lmao:

Don't be a douchebag. If you're going to insult someone at least provide something different.

overdone. i don't like either one. i think you do this because you don't like the originals. instead of just bumping the contrast for example, you make radical changes to disguise the original

I was *TRYING* to comment on that last night, but I lost reception. And I was going to comment today (It's the next tab over in my browser right now), but just because you asked in such a maner... maybe I won't now. :greenpbl:

:lol:

I'm kidding.

I didn't say I *hated* this one... just that it isn't anything new for you. :lol:

I don't *like* it, but I just don't like it because... I dunno, it just doesn't do anything for me. The image is cute, it's just not something I'd hang on my wall I guess.

[insert "not equal" sign...]

For future reference, ≠ might be faster. :sexywink:

Haha, I know... but I was posting from a cellphone and I didn't see that symbol listed anywhere... :lol: :sexywink:
haha that symbol is on my phone :p

overdone. i don't like either one. i think you do this because you don't like the originals. instead of just bumping the contrast for example, you make radical changes to disguise the original
thanks for your thoughts rusty however a little off topic but what football team do you like?

I like the new edit better.

The original one, I think would have been better if the 4 images weren't rotated to make it like a seamless tile. All 4, with no rotating/flipping would probably look better to me...

I guess I would have to see it to say for sure though. Just something to think about.

The coloring being non-symmetrical, it doesn't really make sense to me for the picture itself to be symmetrical.

If it wasnt a Poodle, I would have liked it better LOL.. Maybe do an architectural piece or a building with clean lines? Only the dog owner would like it I think :)

I take that back.. maybe use a grateful dead bear and do the similar PP you had ;)

thanks for your thoughts rusty however a little off topic but what football team do you like?

Ole Miss Rebels. I thought it was kinda obvious.

Kind of just an afterthought here, but the second (B&W) edit would be a ***** if it was a puzzle. :lol:

Imagine 1000 pieces of that, and they all look the same. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back