Trying to be creative with automotive photography

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Tried some new things out with my scion tc... I think it came out pretty cool, let me know how I can get any better though!

dsc0043origwg8.jpg

I like it - I think the colors are nice and the car is good and clean -good job. The only thing that catches my eye is the car reflection in the car door. It looks like a photo that would be hangin' in a show room!

taking unique auto photography is tough...first wash your car, dirty cars just don't make good pictures (unless they are jeeps) second make sure there is nothing that interupts your car's refelection (like the other car reflected in your door) fourth, as long as the paint is in good condition shoot with the light on the car to show the depth of the paint and enhance reflection. Real auto enthustiasts will spot swirls instantly and move on but will study paint with excellent depth/reflection...i think that is enough to mess around with

I really like the way the lights reflect in the paint at all the sharp edges of the body panels. It would look alot better clean but the idea is sweet.

the reflections on the front look like ropelights on the car.......... I don't know what you could do to fix that but it REALLY messes with my head. Other than that the picture is amazing, but to a car guy like me that "ropelight-effect" screams fast and the furious and really messes up the shot, not your fault though.

Most reactions

Back