Ultra Wide Angle

wrightwrjr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ISO ultra wide angle lens for Canon zoom lens. Preferably for FF, but will also consider cropped sensor lens. I have both a 6D and 70D.

Are you asking us a question or trying to perform a web search? Provide a little more information. And a question.

Canon 11-16mm removes noise for wide angle ISO range, but it is an EF-S. Tokina 11-16mm is another choice but not sure it got EF mount but the lens focal length must be 11-16 with built-in intervalometer

It took me a moment to realize that "ISO" actually means "in search of". FYI... bad acronym to use in a photography forum where ISO means something completely different.

Is there is a budget for this lens? Because I can think of lots of choices in the $2k-3k price range.

Yes, it helps to know WHY you want the lens. I have an EF 14mm f/2.8L USM II. It's great for ultra-wide deep-sky images. It's also good for some landscapes... but not all. If I'm doing a landscape, I'm *probably* going to reach for my TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II.

There's also the EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM. That's incredibly wide! But it's also a curvilinear lens (all the other lenses mentioned here are rectilinear lenses). So depending on what you want to do with this ultra-wide lens (there's that question again) a fish-eye might not be appropriate for the job.

Canon recently announced an EF 11-24mm f/4L USM... but the price announced is $3k.

None of these are inexpensive lenses. If budget is a concern and if they can meet your needs, then there are 3rd party options (at least one of which was already mentioned by someone in this thread.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back