Unique Nature Photography 'Peach Garden Ceremony'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh100LuBu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My latest nature photography 'The Peach Garden Ceremony Shoot' Taken by me via tripod, I'll be editing the rest later.
Josh100LuBu14.jpg

1074391_525654280821190_1992416961_o.jpg

The peach garden looks rather more like an apple garden! ;) Interesting set, but I think there's some room for improvement (and recognizing the difficulty of self-shooting). You've cropped off the tips of the feathers in the fan in #1, and 'up the nose' shots are really just never good. Avoid tilting your head quite so far back. I would also knock a bit off of one side or the other to get the subject (you) out of dead center. Off-center compositions are almost always more please than centered ones. #2 actually works well in terms of pose, lighting and expression, but I would crop a bit off of the bottom to avoid the 'amputated hand' look. It's fine to crop limbs when necessary, but avoid doing it at/near a joint or along a longitudal axis.

I wish the image quality of these were better; I think the images would appear much stronger. Between the nearly jaundiced WB of #2, the extreme digital noise in both and the unusual sky colour, these images lose a LOT of the impact they could have had.

And, since a person appears to the be primary subject, I'll move them to the people gallery.

OK -- 'peach garden ceremony' in front of an apple tree? Or am I missing some kind of unique peach garden/apple tree meaning here? Probably just my problem being able to recognize fruit trees.

Joe

The peach garden looks rather more like an apple garden! ;) Interesting set, but I think there's some room for improvement (and recognizing the difficulty of self-shooting). You've cropped off the tips of the feathers in the fan in #1, and 'up the nose' shots are really just never good. Avoid tilting your head quite so far back. I would also knock a bit off of one side or the other to get the subject (you) out of dead center. Off-center compositions are almost always more please than centered ones. #2 actually works well in terms of pose, lighting and expression, but I would crop a bit off of the bottom to avoid the 'amputated hand' look. It's fine to crop limbs when necessary, but avoid doing it at/near a joint or along a longitudal axis.

I wish the image quality of these were better; I think the images would appear much stronger. Between the nearly jaundiced WB of #2, the extreme digital noise in both and the unusual sky colour, these images lose a LOT of the impact they could have had.

And, since a person appears to the be primary subject, I'll move them to the people gallery.

Damn! you beat me to it -- how about that, there's at least two of us that can see the difference between apples and peaches.

Joe

The second shot has good posing, strong eye direction, a good angle to view the face. My main issue is the awkward crop at the wrist, with the white glove top really drawing the eye to the edge of the frame...it's just very powerful, the EDGE I mean...the edges of a photo have a lot of impact, and that one very bright white glove against a dark backdrop in the critical edge, the lower right one, is the worst part of this shot.

The first shot has the same issue...the feathers cropped at the top edge...that hurts this, but the symbolic, ceremonial feeling comes through. I do think though that the shot has too much "pull" at the bottom, and I'd think about cropping off some of the bottom, and some off of the right hand side, to get a more upward-looking feeling.

Self-shooting/selfies are always tough. I think having the off hand behind the back is a good decision, and might have worked really well in the other shot too--it would have eliminated the crop on the hand.

The awkward crops are distracting. I think a duotone conversion would be more expressive than an over processed look. But, you'd lose the nice coloration in the dress. Regardless, I'd try a duotone look. Both images have promise, but they lose a lot of impact due to lack of attention to the details.

OK -- 'peach garden ceremony' in front of an apple tree? Or am I missing some kind of unique peach garden/apple tree meaning here? Probably just my problem being able to recognize fruit trees.

Joe
My garden is full of different trees and fruits, you'll see the peaches come into play once I finish editing the other photos to upload. Was tricky with the tripod not being on even ground but i'm pleased with how they came out, makes a change from just shooting in my green screen studio.

Vtec44 said:
What's so unique about this photo?

You must not be fully aware of the multiple meanings for the word unique.

unique definition of unique in Oxford dictionary American English US

I've had about enough of this crap over the past couple days.

Do YOU happen to have an image EXACTLY like either of these two? No. You don't. Neither does any other person alive on the planet. Ergo, both images are unique images. Very simple. Look the word up for yourself, maybe familiarize yourself with what it means. It does not mean what you think it means, obviously. In any of the multiple senses of the word.

Look at the predicative form, and you will see that unique images can be associated with a particular person. As in, "Vtec's unique wedding photographs were well received by the couple." Unless of course, you'd like people to say that every wedding photo you've made is nothing but generic junk, you really ought to lay off the work people do.

Sorry to be so blunt, but sheer, cheap-shot rudeness sometimes deserves a slap right across the face.

Vtec44 said:

unique definition of unique in Oxford dictionary American English US

I've had about enough of this crap over the past couple days.

Do YOU happen to have an image EXACTLY like either of these two? No. You don't. Neither does any other person alive on the planet. Ergo, both images are unique images. Very simple. Look the word up for yourself, maybe familiarize yourself with what it means. It does not mean what you think it means, obviously. In any of the multiple senses of the word.

Look at the predicative form, and you will see that unique images can be associated with a particular person. As in, "Vtec's unique wedding photographs were well received by the couple." Unless of course, you'd like people to say that every wedding photo you've made is nothing but generic junk, you really ought to lay off the work people do.

Sorry to be so blunt, but sheer, cheap-shot rudeness sometimes deserves a slap right across the face.
Thank you kindly Derrel.

Vtec44 said:

It's a rhetorical question. We all know same subject taken by 2 different photographers at the exact same time will not look the same in photos. This guy is oblivious because he doesn't have the basic concept of photography or art. Just throwing a bunch of stuff together isn't art or unique. It's just lazy and ignorance.

That's pretty direct :D

As for wedding photography, consistency is what clients look for and it is not as easy as you may think to stay consistent. If my wedding photos are generic junk, say it. However, it doesn't matter to me if the paying clients enjoy it and that the photos have sentimental value to them. :eek:

Last edited:
Okay folks, let's pause and catch our breath. The OP has posted images he has taken in a gallery. Let's just and concentrate on that, and provide him with feedback which may be useful. Mmmkay?

Thanks!

Okay folks, let's pause and catch our breath. The OP has posted images he has taken in a gallery. Let's just and concentrate on that, and provide him with feedback which may be useful. Mmmkay?

Thanks!

If that's the case, I'd like to know what's so unique about the images. As an artist myself, I know what makes my image(s) unique although the concept has been done before. Every single little detail is deliberate and there's a reason. There is no accident. If you can't explain it you don't know it. It's a simple concept, especially for someone who is suppose to be educating everyone and ushering in the new age of photography. :D

...If that's the case, I'd like to know what's so unique about the images. As an artist myself, I know what makes my image(s) unique although the concept has been done before. Every single little detail is deliberate and there's a reason. There is no accident. If you can't explain it you don't know it. It's a simple concept, especially for someone who is suppose to be educating everyone and ushering in the new age of photography. :D
I think we can say it's exactly the same for the OP.

This is a new thread with new images. Let's try and keep any preconceived notions which may stem from earlier threads out of it. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back