Untitled #13

Hey Battou,

I understand what you're saying about the whole, using HDR to correct the range (the darkroom/over exposed window example) but I think there is a time for that and a time for the "weird tonemaps." HDR is versatile in the fact that it can be a picture enhancer, picture fixer, or even an art unto itself. Granted, just because a tonemap is obscenely high range doesn't make it right or wrong. It really does depend on the image and the intent of photographer, just like all other photography style (aka using expired film, lomography, cross-processing)...

It is a very nice shot by itself without EDR, you have a nice composition going. I feel you lose a lot when you EDR/HDR this one. I would leave it as is.

That scene would have benefited from a graduated neutral density filter very nicely. Forget trying to do an hr of the scene. That is not a good choice. Rather, get a graded neutral density filter and extend the exposure a little. You will be surprised at the results. They would be nice.

Can't use what you don't have and I don't have the money for the filters, I'll use what I have at my disposal.

It's funny, I've been doing this for quite some time now with nearly every photo I have posted and yet it has never really been a problem. It only becomes a problem when I point it out because of everyones preconcieved notions of HDR and EDR imaging.

Jesus man, just take the criticism, it's not a personal attack on your character...

Christ..

I know full well is was not a personal attack, How is the person supposed to know I don't have particular peices of equipment if they are not told.

As for the latter part of the comment is was not directed at Sachphotography but a general statement geared toward my original reason for posting it in this section to say that HDR and EDR does not need to be taken to extreams.

^^^ what did you think of my rendition of it? (just curious)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back