Upgrade to Windows 10?

This may take awhile!

Image2.png

Once the upgrade is done, I can do a fresh, clean install. Already have the DVD burned. :clap:

So sorry I have not been online here lately, been extremely busy. I want to thank everyone for their help, suggestions and more. I really appreciate it. I need to take sometime to read through this whole thread [emoji3] you are all awesome and some of you quite funny!!!

Completed mine last night also. So far so good. So was 7 & 8 for me. Prior to that. tissues for the issues. Win 2000 was not bad either. For me.

Installed Win 10 last night. Looks great. Never had 8, so this upgrade was welcomed. Ed

I started with 3.11, then up the ladder through all of them, except for Vista. Never a problem that couldn't be fixed by asking in any number of forums. Although, I'll install a linux flavor too. It's so fast for doing simple things!

Oh, I was going to tell you, in case you all didn't know yet...................... to do a clean install, you have to do the free upgrade first. Let it finish, then install fresh with the iso you get from MS. Just finishing up my clean install, I hate upgrades over a previous version. Just so many unneeded files left over, and many problems can be fixed with a fresh install.

Oh, I was going to tell you, in case you all didn't know yet...................... to do a clean install, you have to do the free upgrade first. Let it finish, then install fresh with the iso you get from MS. Just finishing up my clean install, I hate upgrades over a previous version. Just so many unneeded files left over, and many problems can be fixed with a fresh install.
so, if you start with a new disc, you would have to first install the previous operating system you had, then install the download version, then install from scratch? In my case, I would have to install XP, then install 7, then upgrade to 10, then install 10 from the ISO and then and only then start installing, and jumping through hoops with that bullshit authorization, my software? Sh**, I'm not even gonna live that long.

Last edited:
so, if you start with a new disc, you would have to first install the previous operating system you had, then install the download version, then install from scratch? In my case, I would have to install XP, then install 7, then upgrade to 10, then install 10 from the ISO and then and only then start installing, and jumping through hoops with that bullshit authorization, my software? Sh**, I'm not even gonna live that long.

Remember, you don't have to do the upgrade. :)

If you don't have 8 or 8.1 and are currently on XP, you're gonna have to flat-out buy 10.

I would think that would be a fresh, new install right out of the chute, with no upgrades from XP to 7, then to 8, then upgrade.

Just pop the CD in (or run the downloaded .exe) and let 'er go.

Remember, you don't have to do the upgrade. :)
I ain't going to, not good for my blood pressure.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back