Upgrade your photography, not your kit.

Could be but if it were one of the Old Masters, somebody is sure to have turned on a light for them. I mean really, come on!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lol: :lol:

In a church?? Well, maybe one of them had a connection with God or something, but this is on a BRIGHT day, open doors light STREAMING into the place (look at the chairs lit up in the center), and the baselisk streaming light down and still I needed ISO 1600 to get 1/8th of a second at F/4!

3063793831_14bb67e76f.jpg

In the lower sections, where there were no windows, this place is lit mostly by candles, no big lights around here. Let's see them do this (granted I had a TON of light here from two small 10 watt green and yellow lights and many candles and needed only ISO 3200 to get F/5.6 and 1/5th, handheld... no sissy tripod... lol).
3063791315_2cabc45f3d.jpg

Ah, JerryPH you are correct ... the changes in technology did enhance the ability of photographers to obtain an image that was not previously possible.

Glass Plates to Roll Film
Range Finders to SLR's
Improvements in optics
Roll Film to Digital Sensors

Knowing how to use/manipulate that technology to your advantage is just a bonus to your skill in capturing a great image.

It is the intro of new technology that lets you get photos physically impossible with older tech. However, buying new tech just for buying it is wasteful and pointless.

Knowing how to use/manipulate that technology to your advantage is just a bonus to your skill in capturing a great image.

Well, I would not call my pics "great" but you did make a very important point... it is a bonus, it doesn't make you a better photographer in any way, it just opens more doors for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back