Vacation suggesions?

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We would like to go on a vacation where pictures will beg to be taken.. We don't want a resort-type vacation where we'll just be among our own kind also vacationing, if that makes sense..

I'm thinking Australia or Iceland.. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Anyone? I've seen some well-travelled people on here, so surely there are some places you've gone that you'd love to go again for the purpose of relaxing and also taking pictures.. We were thinking Austraila or Iceland.

If you can afford it, Michael Reichmann from The Luminous Landscape, leads photo orientated trips to unbelieveable locations around the world. Besides Michael himself, there are usually a few other experts along to help/teach or just talk to. I think he last two trips were to the Antarctic and an African Safari (complete with helicopter time).

I'd love to join one of these expeditions...but they are expensive.

Thanks, Mike-that sounds great! I was thinking safari, but I wouldn't know where to go to get the best sights.. I'm sure there are people out there that bill their company as a safari company, and as long as they get you in a Jeep and out on the plain they've completed their promise.. I want to see some sights that can't be seen here in America.

Another option is a cruise, but it would have to include several days on the ground at some exotic port to make it worthwhile for what I want to take a vacation for. My wife would be happy with just the cruise, but a bunch of pictures on a boat or of the sunset on the ocean sounds really mundane to me..

Last edited:
Yeah a Luminous tour would be great fun. Just traveling with a bunch of gear heads would make it worth it.

We would like to go on a vacation where pictures will beg to be taken.. We don't want a resort-type vacation where we'll just be among our own kind also vacationing, if that makes sense..

I'm thinking Australia or Iceland.. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You sure left it open :D Here are my suggestions

1. Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam
2. India - Chennai, Goa
3. New Zealand - Fiordland Nat'l Park, Wellington
4. Hong Kong
5. Chile & Argentina
6. Shanghai
7. Volcanic areas of Japan?
8. Greek islands

There is so much in Asia to photograph - wet markets, signage, new/old cultural juxtapositions, old fishermen on boats, temples, mountains, jungle, people, food stalls.... I absolutely loved traveling that area and can't wait to go again someday.

Most reactions

Back