warm inside

I'm pretty sure any image is allowed as long as you're asking for real critique, Cap'n. :D

I like this, though I don't much care for PS coloring. I think it's because you went with the red; it's very strong against the B&W. I like the composition, and I'm pretty much a sucker for a good architectural image, anyway.

the colour in the pic is the actual colour.... the initial shot was a colour one but seemed to lack the warmth i was after (it was a miserable day but thru the rain the building just looked really warm and inviting - despite the big locked door i mean :wink: ) so when i got me film developed, i converted it to b/w, cut out the windows and placed on top of the colour image... trying to accentuate the greyness of Edinburgh and the dullness of the day.. but somehow it still lacks that initial feeling... *shrugs*

Now, that's interesting, because I really liked your title along with the image.

I don't think there's much missing from this image....what don't YOU like about it?? :scratch:

The coloring isn't bad, but the composition is lacking. The eye is taken straight off the top of the page.

i'm not sure there's anything i specifically 'dislike' about the picture... i'm just not satisfied with it... you know what i mean? :?

the colouring is what it was shane... all i've altered is the brickwork.. or is that what you mean? Compositionally i ought to have spent some more time on it really but it was raining and i didn't want to get too wet.. :wink: also i wasn't too sure of what to do... the neighbouring buildings were a bit modern and didn't offer much harmony.. i was trying to keep the rule of thirds thing in mind but nothing seemed to settle right... I was hoping the eye would kinda stay with the colour but it does seem to be pulled from above... what could you suggest? Any ideas what i could have done differently? :)

I mistyped...read again. Some cloud depth and definition would really pull this out. Or a night shot would look really cool. It doesn't help that the one tower is shaped like an arrow pointing you off the page. Maybe it'd look cool next to the modern buildings. Anyway, you're on to something here, just needs a little work.

Post edited by friendly TPF moderator.

Please read the rules of this forum, as stated by our Admin, Chase:

Chase said:
Being that this forum (much unlike most of the others) was created with a very specific purpose in mind, we intend to keep things fairly strict in this section. If we see anyone with a "this sucks" type of comment, it should be(and will be) deleted.

Edited by manda

Most reactions

New Topics

Back