Was I too tough on this guy?(link to a car forum where a photography fued broke out)

Yup, total douche move.
That wasn't necessary at all. Nowhere in the post did the kid claim to be pro.
The comment about putting enjoy kind of irritated me too. He said "hope you enjoy" which was not cocky at all like you were saying.
Man all i can say is you better have some damn good pictures to back up all your bashing.

nope, my photos aren't great, just didn't like the feel of his DSLR avatar and signature about how he was a photographer like he was professional, not really the post itself as I have said earlier ni this thread, also I have agreed it was incrediby unneccesary, so you're a little behind in this thread.. And it didn't say hope you enjoy unless he edited it it actually said "Enjoi" mispelled just like that, and it was based off of another rant I heard on here once,, that made me start disliking enjoy.

I took a look around that forum...

Before you people bash DSLR noob for his post(s), you might want to see the context of them. It's hardly the atmosphere of a Sotherby's Auction. I could point to some of my posts on other forums that would curl your toenails. But it's par for the course there... it's a political op-ed board.

The OP dude was drinking from a big ol' cup of Full-o-Me and wanted mass adoration for his mediocre shots. His avatar and user title screamed "I bought a DSLR! LOOK AT ME IM PRO!".

And he got called on it. Pure Pwnage.

Before you people bash DSLR noob for his post(s), you might want to see the context of them. It's hardly the atmosphere of a Sotherby's Auction. I could point to some of my posts on other forums that would curl your toenails. But it's par for the course there... it's a political op-ed board.

The OP dude was drinking from a big ol' cup of Full-o-Me and wanted mass adoration for his mediocre shots. His avatar and user title screamed "I bought a DSLR! LOOK AT ME IM PRO!".

more or less what I was going for, and part of the reason my posts were about 50% well accepted on THAT forum, and I got several positive reps for it, but still a bit out of line, however easier to understand having felt the atmosphere of the forum.

Haha car forum. I wasted too much of my prime years on one of those. There's no point taking anything serious online. You should be focusing your energy on real things and people around you.

WOW, can I get some popcorn lol.

Intensive thread there.

Yeah you were being kind of a douche bag.

It's not as if the OP was bragging about his photography skills in the post, so you really attacked him for no reason.

With that said I've taken a look at some of your photos and honestly I don't think you really have any reason to bash him. Your photos are okay but by no mark are you a professional.

Now it sounds hypocritical and it might seem I'm doing the same thing you did to him (which by no means I am) All I'm saying is you really have to be something to come out and just rip on someone like that

Too late. We already bashed him. And rightly so!

I liked his second photo, although for the cliff in the background not for the car. I think you were a little rough on him, but you are right he needed a little criticism.

:roll::roll: Car people. :lol::lmao::lol:

.........Im off to paint my hood black, put on a muffler bigger then that on a Kenworth,a spoiler, some nice rimz, tint the windows,add some bling and drive like an arsebag:biglaugh:..a growing trend on the highways:p

If I was involved in that I sure wouldn't go around posting to other forums so everyone can see what was said in that thread.

:thumbdown:

cause I came off as an ass? He needed someone to call it like it is, and I did just that. All the curse words were used because of a generic feel that whole forum has, have to fit in wih your audience you know?

Why yes you did. I will tell you this every last photo you shoot better be perfect because, if it isnt and I was a memeber of that forum I would crucify your happy @ss. You sond arrogant as hell to me in that thread, actually you sound like a run of the mill troll.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back