Washington DC night shots

jinx703x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm about a month into learning. I ventured out in to DC last night to take a few cityscape photo's. I'm using my D5300 with the kit 18-55mm, VR turned off and manual focus. Camera is mounted on an inexpensive tripod and I know I need to pick up a remote to help cut down shaking the camera while pressing the button. There was some very minor work done in light room but not much as I'm almost clueless how that works.

Anyways, I'm interested in thoughts, suggestions and advise to help me progress.

Thanks,
jinx

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0023.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 127
  • DSC_0034.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
If you need a steady shot and don't have a remote timer, just hit the button on the bottom left area of your camera, hit the down bottun one, and turn the timer to a 10 second timer.

Your Photos are not loading on my phone, but when I get to my computer I will look at them.

DSC_0015: This shot looks pretty good. IMO, I'd like to see a tighter crop on the monument and reflection. Also, maybe a tad earlier in the day (blue hour?).

DSC_0023: Not a fan of this one, sorry.

DSC_0024: Not really a fan of this one, either. I'd like it much better without the cars and lights. The headlights are way too distracting, as is the white car. Aside from that, it looks like it has good composition. I like the intricacy of the overpass/beams. Maybe a tad brighter?

DSC_0034: This is a decent shot! The horizon seems a bit unlevel. Not sure how much I like the railing. If you try to repeat this shot, try again a tad earlier in the day (blue hour?).

Braineack, I hadn't realized those pictures were still up! haha. Those, unfortunately, were taken when I was selling the car.....

Waday, I agree. All four of them were taken around 11:30 at night and it was pitch dark and probably would have been better if there had been any light available.
- The monument I tried cropping it more and it really showed that it wasn't in focus....which was very challenging to even get the shot I did.
- The second shot was more of a test shot that I kinda liked but no effort was really put into it.
-On the third shot I couldn't agree more. I wish that I could have waited out the traffic but I guess I was just impatient. I do want to try that shot again. It also didn't help that there were stop signs every 50 feet. Had it been an open road and could have caught consistent trails they probably would have looked better.
-The fourth shot was my favorite, maybe I'll try this again if I can get out before midnight. haha! thanks for the input!

Most reactions

Back