Water drop fly macro

kalgra

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been awhile since I've done any macro. This is a 4 image stack at 3x magnification slight crop.

27787074654_c03b42a2c3_k.jpg
20160716[/url] by Kristian Algra, on Flickr[/IMG] 20160716 by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Looks military. Great shot.

Thanks! I just noticed one spot didn't stack correctly not the first time photoshop has done the. I'm really curious is some of the other programs out there would be better.

Very nice photo.

One word COOL!!!

Thanks again everyone! Here is another one I tried.
This is a 29 image stack. I was trying to be creative but not sure it came out as I really wanted. I shot this one with a prism behind the subject for some color.
Shutter speed was 1/30 and iso 200 to get some of the ambient light from the prism. In the end I feel like it just looks like I photoshoped the fly onto a colored background when in fact it really was all in camera. Perhaps I should have used much fewer images so that part of the fly blurred in with the background I think that might have worked better. Maybe ill try that.

Anyway I do think I got some good detail on this one and it was a good learning exercise.

20160717-fly1 by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Wow, simply amazing. I would nominate one of these for POTM but I ran out of votes.

Wow, simply amazing. I would nominate one of these for POTM but I ran out of votes.

Wow thanks! I dont think any of these are POTM worthy but im sure glad you like them. :1219:

Here is the second one redone. I used the first 15 from the stack instead of all 29. I also think I retouched this one better. I lost all the detail in the wings but at least it dosnt look so superimposed. What you you think?

20160717-flystack07192016 by Kristian Algra, on Flickr

Last edited:

Wow thank! I dont think any of these are POTM worthy but im sure gals you like them. :1219:

Here is the second one redone. I used the first 15 from the stack instead of all 29. I also think I retouched this one better. I lost all the detail in the wings but at least it dosnt look so superimposed. What you you think?

20160717-flystack07192016 by Kristian Algra, on Flickr
I'm a guy...

I'm a guy...

Ha sorry stupid auto correct that was supposed to say.
"Wow thanks! I dont think any of these are POTM worthy but im sure glad you like them."

Its always surprising how pretty those pests can be when you see them up close. Well done!!

So does PS stack them automatically?

So does PS stack them automatically?

Sort of I guess. The work flow I use for PS at a high level is to first do any Lightroom corrections to one image then synch those changes to all other images from the stack and export them to PS. In PS I run the load images into stack script for all the open images, then run align images, then run merge stack, Finally I flatten the stack and refine the image with spot removal, etc.

If using Helicon its much more automated. I use the Helicon Lightroom plugin so I can export the synched images to Helicon which automatically loads the stack, click on the stack option I want and click render.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back