Web hosting question (specific for photography business)

Well, Fatcow seems like a decent enough deal. I really can't afford - time-wise, that is - to immerse myself into learning to build a site right now. There is so much other stuff I need to be learning/improving related to the new business that learning coding for a web site is way down the list. I need 'for dummies' templates that will just let me plug in text and images.

So, Fatcow seems to have such web builder tools/templates, but they don't, as far as I can tell, provide examples without first signing up for their service. I see an occasional mention about templates, but that's it.

Has anyone had experience with Fatcow, with regard to using their templates?

Thanks,

Jon

I have not used there templates before. But there is a great app they have for your site. Its called wordpress. It has templates that you just plugin in the text and images ect into a page or post. There is no coding required. A good example of wordpress in action is www.opticalidea.com, my site.

I hope that helps,
Nolan,

Wordpress advertises itself as 'blogging software'. What differentiates blogging software from 'web-building' software?

Jon

Wordpress can be used for any number of things. Right now i use it for my photography site at www.opticalidea.com.

The only difference i see between wordpress and web site building software is wordpress is a but less customizable and it a bit more like a cms. But it serves the same purposes. It allows you to make a site and customize/publish it.

Another Cms (content managing system) you may like is http://www.joomla.org/. Check that one out to.

Most reactions

Back