Website Feedback

Nice.

"A Bit About Me" : Very simple, short and to the point. I like how you have just one picture (sometimes that's not even needed) of yourself on your wedding day.

"Your Investment"
-I'm not sure about the word "kiddo's" in there. To me, that doesn't sound professional. On one hand its that, but the other show you're a laid back and would be nice to work with. It's a iffy thing to say.
-While the packages are not hard to understand as far as what Packages contain what, I am confused about how many pictures you're taking. Take for instance Wedding Package A with the 2 hour coverage, 50+ shots and order prints a la carte. Does that mean you're going to take at least 50 pictures but not more than 100 (because that would go into the Package B) and the prints are ordered by the client or does that mean they have 50 prints that they can order a la carte. Do you see what I'm saying. If it's only 50 pictures you're taking, I would seriously bump that up.
I can see that on your Portrait session, it says 20+ shots to choose from, so I will assume you mean the same for this. There just needs to be a clearer way of saying it. Also on the Portrait sessions, you have 20+ shots to choose from and all sessions include online viewing then you have Package A, B and C. Dos this mean for Package B, you get the said size of shots from 20+ shots and online viewing or what?
Also, one more thing iffy is the Your Investment. That doesn't sound right to me. Prices or some other words would work better I think.

"Portfolio" :
GREAT! I think this is the first site where the pictures didnt' take long to load. Well, actually, there wasn't any loading time, they changed in a snap and I really like that. First thing that will throw me away from a site is slow loading time, especially with pictures/portfolio section.

"Private Galleries" :
Nice to have a private gallery place for anyone website in my mind. This allows piece of mind for the client to know their photos wont be all over your website but for their (and other families) viewing.

"Let's Chat" :
I thought this was going to be a live chat session with you at first! I like the choice of words for this though. Very simple too.

Overall I like the site. It would be nice to have a nice background picture that stays put. It's VERY VERY easy to navigate and you don't have a large number of links which contributed to the user friendliness.

~Michael~

Last edited:
Thanks for the great feedback!

The section you are having problms with is the same one I am. As far as shots go, the 20+, 50+ is the minimum number of thots they will get. I would say portrait session usually get upwards of 50, and weddings - much more, but sometimes there is a session where I simply dont have that many shots that I would be happy to release. Maybe I should take out the number all together...

I was trying to get it across that for portrait sessions, the client will get at least 20 great shots, and that from those, they will be able to order the prints. For weddings, I wanted the same idea, but the longer the coverage, the more shots you get.

I will definatly think about this.

And "Your Investment" - my thinking behind this is that there are lots of $60 photographers in my town - they spend 2 hours, give you 300 images on a disk, and thats it. I guess I thought that by saying its an investment, people might see it as having something with long term value, not just here some bucks and press a button for me. And I wanted something a bit different than just "Prices."

I will give it some more thought as well.

Thanks again - Kristal

Pretty much what has already been said.. I think the background being black is a little too dark.. a nice background image might be an option. Gallery photos loaded real quick, which is good. Only thing.. you missed an "o" on "to" in the "Kiddo's growing up to quick?" line.

Apart from that looks good to me. Straight forward, to the point, and feels quite friendly. It just feels a little dark due to the background i think, nothing major, just personal taste.

Good work.

Thx. Anyones else care to comment?

Most reactions

Back