Website stealing and selling images

I doubt if these people are doing anything illegal. It appears they are only a printing service where one sends them an image and they create a poster for you. They are not going totry and verify or not that image is copywrited and probably no obligated to do so. That responsibility would fall on the individual having the project done. They in turn probably forward the image to a printing shop along with an address to ship it to and sit back and make a profit from a few keystrokes on a computer. Don't appear that they have a database of images

I would think trying going after this service would like pi$$ing into the wind.

The mere fact that MY image is POSTED AND HOSTED on THEIR site is an infrigement.

They have appropriated hundreds of my images, and have removed my copyright notice as well.

I have put together a "Whois" info sheet on them, including information for their domain supplier, Enom. I intend to pursue this, even though the site is in the Ukraine. However, the admin contact is in San Jose, CA., meaning that action may be taken under the Berne Convention Copyright laws.

You can go to my website to get the info if you need it:

www.tomoscott.com/wallpart-info

I have most of my images registered with the US Copyright Office. If you are in the US, and have had images appropriated by Wallpart or anyone else, you would be well advised to have them registered. Otherwise, companies like this are only liable for actual damages. If they are registered, the penalties can go up to $150,000 per image, including legal fees.

From a couple of images that I looked at, they are not hosting these images. Instead they are hot-linking, which means the images are fetched from the original server.

Now if you run your own webserver and have access to your .htaccess file, you can jump off and away from wallpart (and everybody else) pretty easily; at least for the images on your server : lmgtfy.com/?q=htaccess+prevent+hotlinking

Indeed. As I said, the few I saw where hotlinked. I was wrong. Unfortunately.

Still, they also practice hot-linking, so tuning your htaccess might be a first step. I can't imagine they download the whole internet, but only those that have been chosen/bought/printed. So preventing them from showing the images in the first place might be a good idea.

Petition signed.

How on God's Green Little Half Acre do they know if an image they're stealing has been 'chosen/bought/sold'?

Because someone put it in the cart for print? After all, that's their business: Print images that someone liked.

Just for S&G's I'm gonna order my own image. Filled out the form, and it now says, "Awaiting Payment".

Seems they're shipped from China.

Wallpart_order%20post.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back