Wedding inquiries

Familyphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I specialize in children and families at this point in my career. I would prefer not to get into weddings because I am happy with where I am right now, but I would definitely be willing to second shoot a few.
How does one go about doing this? What do you tell the potential client? I have been getting quite a few people that are interested, but I don't know how to proceed. I just don't have the equipment and experience right now, but I don't want to say no!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you know of any local wedding photographers that you can call and ask to go along with them for experience? They might appreciate having a second shooter and you can come to some arrangement for any pictures you take...

What Karri said; talk to the wedding photographers in your area and ask them about second-shooter gigs.

Write a professional not and attach a portfolio to local shooters whose work you admire.

I get around 5 emails a week from people wanting "free school" and they usually don't even attach a portfolio. Go figure.

I specialize in children and families at this point in my career. I would prefer not to get into weddings because I am happy with where I am right now, but I would definitely be willing to second shoot a few.
How does one go about doing this? What do you tell the potential client? I have been getting quite a few people that are interested, but I don't know how to proceed. I just don't have the equipment and experience right not, but I don't want to say no!

Thanks!

Contact some local photographer and inquire about 2nd shooters... They are always looking for some backups

Exactly what I was thinking. I have quite a few people in mind, that's part of my issue. I am also not sure about what this bride would think if she wanted to hire me, but would be hiring someone else with me as the second shooter instead? How does the pay work out? What is the tactful way to approach this with her, any tips on how to explain all of this? I want to be honest from day 1.

How does one go about doing this? What do you tell the potential client? I have been getting quite a few people that are interested, but I don't know how to proceed. I just don't have the equipment and experience right not, but I don't want to say no!

Thanks!

DUH! It is very simple. The wedding party says that you will be the second. "I have been getting quite a few people that are interested" They are in command. If the primary says no then they get a new primary or you wait.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back