Weekend in Chicago...

pgriz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There was a wedding. We attended. And when we were not otherwise engaging in the stuff that one does at weddings, we went exploring, the "we" in this case being my wife and me. Actually, we were a threesome, as my camera followed us everywhere. Needy, needy. To keep it from pouting and generally creating a stink, we let it play a little. Here is a sampling from what it was looking at.

1-Balconville...
$Rectangles_v2_2486.jpg

2-Here's looking at you, Kid.
$Reflections_V2_2214.jpg

3-Eenie, meenie, miney, moe.

4-The Future, through the looking glass
$Angles_2854.JPG

5-The hive palace
$The Hive_2895.JPG

6-Man, those mushrooms sure tasted funny.
$Cloud Gate_2180.JPG

7-The aliens have landed. They are watching us watching ourselves.
$Cloud Gate_2187.JPG

Yes, I gave it a SD card or two to nibble on so it wouldn't go hungry.

Last edited:
I like 2 and 6... as for the others, I would like them if they were shot in a slightly, slightly different angle/way

that hive palace is pretty neat. I've not seen that before

Nice! Delighted you had a good time.

I like 2 and 6... as for the others, I would like them if they were shot in a slightly, slightly different angle/way

Maria, thanks for looking! I've been to Chicago before, but it was the first time that I had enough time to play tourist. Normally my wife and I would walk everywhere, but this time she had a bit of a strained foot, so we opted for one of those "hop-on-hop-off" tour buses, and it was a case of shooting as best as I could from a (generally) moving vehicle. I'd love to go and spend some time in that city and really take the time to put the various sights into proper images, but.... it was what it was. However, your comments make me curious - can you point out what aspects could be improved? A second set of eyes always helps see things more clearly. :)

that hive palace is pretty neat. I've not seen that before
Desi, thanks for looking! That building is the Aqua skycraper (see:Aqua (skyscraper) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and it changes its appearance depending on from where you're looking at it. Our tour bus passed just below it, and I thought the view was pretty interesting.

Nice! Delighted you had a good time.
CameraClicker, thanks for your comment! Yes, we did have a good time. Weddings are good occasions to celebrate all the good stuff the families do well. As for the sight-seeing, we were blessed with beautiful, cool weather on two of the three days we were there, so that is always a good way to see things in a good light.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back