Objectionable Language (To Some, Perhaps) Aboard!

Hold on a minute! A poster puts up a few photographs of an event written and designed to offend with the post title being 'Objectionable Language...'.

I'm sorry you failed to spot my irony in a photography forum, but I really have been highly offended by the use of that font and colour (it's something only women do IME). The word '****' big and bold in several languages and the bad representational graphics went comparatively unnoticed.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Just my very bad and obtuse sense of humour. Wide off the mark as ever.

If someone could explain it to me I'd be most grateful.

"****" good.
"Brain" bad.

Actually, I would like to know why "****" meets with the mod's approval if it's displayed in a photograph but when I try to use it in a post, the forum censor makes it it look like "****." Hell, I can't even talk about ****s because no one will know what the **** I'm talking about. Perhaps I should post a photo with the words ****ing **** to get my point across.

I can't believe I missed a thread discussing the vagina monologues. I just want to go on record saying that I am in favor of vaginas, no matter how many people are speaking.

thank you and good night.

Interesting debate(s) and sub-debates going on in this thread...
I was a bit lost, not knowing anything at all about vaginal monologues...
Didn't even know they could talk...
However, have heard plenty of ppl talking out their a**es...
as for "societal mores"... see
http://www.usiap.org/Viewpoints/Nation/Freedom/EquitableExerOfUnalienRights.html

For myself... well I come to the PHOTOforum because of my interest in PHOTOgraphy and all things PHOTOgraphic and NOT to dwell on other people's fixations re Politics, Philosophy, Religion, Society, Mores, Gun Laws, Beliefs, Origins, Race, Creed - or indeed any of the myriad issues that vex and perplex mankind... including vaginas...
Jedo

I suppose I don't object to any image being photographed. I have a problem with the venue in which some of the images are shown.

There are certain words which are, for various reasons, distracting. When I saw the photo with the word "****", that's where my eye focused. There really wasn't much else in the photo on which to focus. Then I wondered about the other languages.

I went to a photo exhibit that turned out to be nothing but penises. That's fine but I do think people should have been aware. I intrigued enough to ask my sister, much more interiorly oriented than am I, which room of the house would be most appropriate for a 16x20 print of a penis ejaculating.

The OP is obviously aware of the concept of venue since she warned people of "language" but, sadly, many people aren't.

Patrick:
I too am intrigued...
Which room did she say...??
Jedo

Dear Jedo:

In two consecutive posts you have:
first, evinced no interest in
Politics, Philosophy, Religion, Society, Mores, Gun Laws, Beliefs, Origins, Race, Creed - or indeed any of the myriad issues that vex and perplex mankind... including vaginas...

and then, in the second, prounced yourself
I too am intrigued...Jedo
by a picture of a penis ejaculating.

I think it is brave of you to declare yourself in this arena, although perhaps a little inappropriate. I do, however, support you in your quest.

Lew

So... a shot in which there's a sign, on which there's a word that
would make a 13 years old excited, was posted...

What's the fuss?

In my view, the only discussion issue here, which would be truly photography-related, is whether this shot is an artistically
good documentary.

Still my own private & highly subjective view:
it is not.

I do like the flare from that flash though.
It makes the picture. :sexywink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back