weird cropping? WDYT?

aussiemummy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
ok be nice... this is only my second post after all lol :)

my questions are
1. does the cropping bother you?
2. should i eliminate the cot bars? get rid of the whole jail cell feel?

or is it perfect as is?
ta

ambercon2.jpg

I'd like the cropping if the bars were straight. :) The bars would only be a problem, to me, if they covered a part of the face.

I think, but it could be this monitor I'm using at work, that the bars are in sharp focus, but the baby isn't (autofocus?)... Cute kid, btw.

Nice lighting, and it looks natural, too. I think this is certainly one to have another shot at.

I agree that the cropping would be alright if the bars were straight. Also your white balance is off and you've got some pretty blown out areas on the right and the focus a tad bit soft on the mouth. I'd try this one again, in RAW at a different time of day (I assume that the light is natural from a window to the right) with a tad bit more DOF. I think with a little more practice, this will work out great!

the picture is great , especially the expression on the face of the baby, but i think also that the bars should go, i mean why should they be there? they do not help the picture in any way... also you could try to get a sharper picture, here look at the pattern of the shirt he's wearing, it's all smudged and moved...

eydryan said:
the picture is great , especially the expression on the face of the baby, but i think also that the bars should go, i mean why should they be there? they do not help the picture in any way... also you could try to get a sharper picture, here look at the pattern of the shirt he's wearing, it's all smudged and moved...

i agree.

Most reactions

Back