Well that didn't last long, D850 dethroned.

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
DXO released test results / score for the new Hasselblad X1D-50c. Listed score of 102 for the Hassy. Of course the Hassy is a 51mp sensor in a much larger format sensor, D850 60% the size of the Hassy sensor. One thing I didn't realize is it's a 15bit system. Of course the Hassy is $9k for just the body.

I'm not sure about dxomark, but even so the hassy hasn't got fast lenses and the iso is the only area it clearly beats the Nikon, but the faster Nikon lenses make up the difference, so in theory the Nikon in real life should have the edge

That's sort of like saying my $75,000 pick-up truck lost out to a $250,000 Aston-Martin Vantage in acceleration tests. Yeah... I can live with that.

$75K for a pick up? Egads man!

75k was last years prices. The 2018 Fords F-250 single-rear-wheel will start at $82,130; the F-350 SRW, $83,305; the F-350 dual-rear-wheel, $84,780; and the F-450 4x4, $88,395 (all prices include a $1,295 destination fee). Ford said if customers order the F-450 and check all the option boxes, they could spend as much as $96,000. Prices on average jumped 15k when they went to the all aluminum body, which is why we bought the previous year.

DXO released test results / score for the new Hasselblad X1D-50c. Listed score of 102 for the Hassy. Of course the Hassy is a 51mp sensor in a much larger format sensor, D850 60% the size of the Hassy sensor. One thing I didn't realize is it's a 15bit system. Of course the Hassy is $9k for just the body.

I'm sorry, I know there are Nikon fans that think it's the only brand and it is a quality camera, but for price of an 850 I can get a Pentax K1 with a choice of quality glass. In a side by side image comparison I seriously doubt you would be able to tell the difference in quality between the two.

I'm sorry, I know there are Nikon fans that think it's the only brand and it is a quality camera, but for price of an 850 I can get a Pentax K1 with a choice of quality glass. In a side by side image comparison I seriously doubt you would be able to tell the difference in quality between the two.

I am a Nikon user, I nearly went the Pentax route except where I live Pentax is hard to buy, so support and accessories were space.

No doubt most cameras in same class these days are very close on image quality, the difference of a few dxomarks means very very little

xcept where I live Pentax is hard to buy, so support and accessories were space.

I think that pretty much applies to anywhere. You HAVE TO REALLY WANT a Pentax to go through the trouble of ordering online. Course given the fact that brick and mortar stores are fading away, it may come to that with all brands.

I did play around with the Fujifilm GFX and I wanted to bring her home, I"m sure she would have been happy and not yelled at me. Man, it was impressive.

That's sort of like saying my $75,000 pick-up truck lost out to a $250,000 Aston-Martin Vantage in acceleration tests. Yeah... I can live with that.

Wonder which would burn more gas. Is the vantage a v8 or v12

If you were to give me a Hasselblad, I would sell it immediately. Possibly the worst value in the camera world. Expensive and delicate. If you want expensive and sturdy this is one.

I’d rather use a canon than sully my hands with a Pentax.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back