Went to the Zoo

Carbon_D

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I only recently bought my A330 last month for my birthday. I've been into Photography for a few years but have only recently taken a serious interest in it. So here are a few picture I got from the Zoo the other day.

I figured the PP wasnt that good but I liked the captures.
How about you?

518bee.jpg

495birdsoverwater.jpg

571kitty.jpg

I like the last one of the leopard with the sunlight painting over his face. He seems to be enjoying it!

With your thread title, I must say I anticipated far more animals to be posted ;)

Thanks bud, I didnt want to overdue it with pictures! Here are a few more:

I'm not particularly proud of the Lemur photos processing, I think I over did it in the top right.

576monkeys.jpg

birdandpost.jpg

636baldeagle.jpg

I was afraid to open this thread after yh last zoo thread that was posted.

I definitely like the leopard. My favorite if them all.

The lens flare in the lemurs and the brightness onthe right hand side of the white bird picture are distracting IMO.

Eagles are a bit over done and this one isn't really anything special. He is just sitting on a branch. Would have liked to see him in a
more interesting position or trying to eat something maybe?

Well, I believe it is a jaguar, not a leopard, as they have smaller rosettes (spots) with no little spots inside, but I think it is the best of the bunch!

Good lighting on his face, unobtrusive background...he does look pleased.

Thank you everyone, I was indeed afraid the bottom 3 were overdone. I will go back and play with the processing a little bit.

As for the more interesting pose on the Eagle, I waited there a good 15 minutes for him to move, he just wouldnt do anything hehe

I really like the BEE on the flowers. Very pretty.

They all look a bit bright and hazy in spots. Did you add a photoshop lens flare? If so... It's my personal belief that nobody should ever do that. Just my worthless opinion though.

I hope you don't mean mine, I was actually pretty pleased with some of the shots, lol...

Oh well.

I really like the BEE on the flowers. Very pretty.

They all look a bit bright and hazy in spots. Did you add a photoshop lens flare? If so... It's my personal belief that nobody should ever do that. Just my worthless opinion though.

I hope you don't mean mine, I was actually pretty pleased with some of the shots, lol...

Oh well.

No, lol. It was the one with the monkeys in it :) Yours were good :)

First post, Third Photo absolutely outrageous! I love it to death.

I felt the same way as that jungle cat every time the clouds broke today and allowed the sun to warm me up.

Thank you everyone, very much for the constructive critisism! You caught me, I did add lens flare to the bottom 3, I need to shake that habit! I will tone that down a bit. For the kitty, I believe that blur in the top middle is from the fence I was shooting through, I have the same thing in another picture of her seen here bottom right:

569kitty.jpg

Most reactions

Back