What color is the dress?

Its sky blue and olive green!

It's a pale, weak blue and a hideous olive-green/light brown MESS!!!

I first saw it as white and beige (I guess they're calling it gold.) Then it seemed like a very pale blue and still beige. Never saw black in it. I still say it's white, just with some funky white balance thing going on.

Black and blue for me.

I liked the comment on the page its hosted on, from Cortney Brown. She wrote, "No one is trying to cause confusion, it's literally a periwinkle and poop brown color."

I can see how someone says it's white or blue, but the lace...I have no idea how anyone gets black from that. I don't see gold, either. It's an unattractive shade of beige or tan, but definitely not black.

Color is a construct of the mind and a mighty poor representation of the world. Throw in RGB and it all goes to heck.

Color is a construct of the mind and a mighty poor representation of the world. Throw in RGB and it all goes to heck.

Probably one of the reasons I prefer to shoot black and white. Trying to edit color is just a mindf*** for me.

.......... Throw in RGB and it all goes to heck.

That's exactly what I did. Here's those two colors:

2%20colors.jpg

I can see how someone says it's white or blue, but the lace...I have no idea how anyone gets black from that. I don't see gold, either. It's an unattractive shade of beige or tan, but definitely not black.
My wife only sees white and gold and I only see black and blue. She can't undestand how I can see black and blue and I can't understand how she can see it as white and gold.

using tapatalk.

limr said:

Ummm..it might be rendered as black on a crap monitor, with the brightness set wayyy off, and the gamma totally whacked!

I pulled the pic into PS CS and took a 31x31 sample of the brighter,more-evenly lighter upper parts of the dress, and also sampled PS's BLACK from the color palette....got this...these are what I would call these fashiony colors...

what color is this dress.jpg

Ummm..it might be rendered as black on a crap monitor, with the brightness set wayyy off, and the gamma totally whacked!

I pulled the pic into PS CS and took a 31x31 sample of the brighter,more-evenly lighter upper parts of the dress, and also sampled PS's BLACK from the color palette....got this...these are what I would call these fashiony colors...

So how to two people viewing the image on the same monitor see different colors?

Most reactions

Back