What could improve these shots?

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't feel they look as good they could.

DSC_2406.jpg

DSC_2410.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d60/haulasshyena/DSC_2406.jpg

For the first if you panned to the left so the o in studio and the rest of gallery wasn't cut off it would look much better.

+1. Not cutting the words off would make a big diff.

Agreed. Also, something interesting that you could try (if you have access to the building), you could try shooting near sunset, which would enable a longer exposure. You'd need a tripod, but the result should be quite cool. You'd end up with a darker room, but with accented lights.

Because of the way the building is set up i couldnt really get the whole words in each word in the same shot.

Overall I think you have a good subject, so that's a lot of the battle.

Now I think it's a matter of playing with different angles, heights, etc. until you get one where you go "oh yeah, nailed it".

It's a LITTLE hard to tell what would make it better only because I can't see the whole scene as you saw it, but frankly I kind of enjoyed these pictures as you have them... moreso the first one, but both are nice.

BTW, I wouldn't scoff at the words being cut off... I like that a lot of times. People balk at it because it's not 'complete' in their minds, but this isn't an inventory shot... you're showing lines, colors, patterns. Hacking off a word here and there sometimes is not only not bad, it's interesting! Even sometimes adds a bit of mystery... makes the viewer stand and look longer... etc. All good things.

You know, just a bit more saturation, contrast and sharpening gives it a bit more pop as well...

I did +20 or so contrast, +25 or so saturation and an smart sharpen of 75%, .7 pixels (would need to do more on a larger image). Here is yours and mine right next to it. (you'll want to full-size this to get the full effect as the resizing thing on here mucks stuff up)

DSC_24062.jpg

Most reactions

Back