what do use the most and prefer?

danalec99 said:
Both.

I find it very immature to say that one is better than the other.

I am in the same boat as danalec99.... I use both because they both have their strengths and weaknesses :)

I agree with Dan also. I use both, although mostly digital. I'm a technology/computer buff, so digital excites me. I do enjoy film though, and I'm hoping to shoot it more often in the new year.

Film - Eos 500n. I'l love to have a dslr but I wouldnt want to loose film... and they cost a fair bit too.

I like film because I like darkroom processes, I just find it more satisfying creatively. I've played with a few digicams, they are like fun little toys. The little viewing screens are cute and it's nice at times to see instant results, like what Alison was saying. :D

But for me, the things you can do in the darkroom have an added dimension sitting in front of the PC could never give me. Or even outside the darkroom, working with Polaroid film is its own special crossover art form - and such a joy!

Different strokes, peeps. It's all good. :cheer:

I use my Minolta maxxium 7 SLR camera it is the only camera I currently own. I love it .

I use a D70 mainly right now. I find that I am learning much faster by using a digital sinceI can get immediate feedback and it keeps track of all the settings that I used in the file. Once my skill improves it might be benefical to pick up a film kit to get that extra little something that film gives you but for now I feel the digital is right for me.

I shoot 99% digital now, but I am trying to find time to start playing with medium and large format film. 35mm film has unfortunately lost most of its appeal for me since getting my D70.

I plan to move to dSLR as soon as possible. I have a cheap digital and a film SLR.. I can get far higher quality from the SLR, but with digital I don't have to rely on the lab to get my photos the way I want them. I've never taken a decent dusk photo with my SLR, just because the lab always brightens it up, for example. I guess I could shoot slides.

My favorite camera to actually use is the rolleiflex automat though. I love the waist level finder and the way it feels, the oily leather and metal smell of it, the weight, and the satisfyingly mechanical noises it makes when advancing film and shooting.

I have an EOS 20D and I love it. I could just repeat what has been said about the film vs. digital debate and blah blah blah. But to be totally honest, neither is perfect for every situation or for everyone. Film will never die. To badly quote a magazine argument "We didn't shoot all the horses when the automobile was invented." Digital isn't even close to large or medium format, at least in terms of cost ratio although I think I read Mamiya (spelling?) is coming out with a 25MB back? The best camera/media/equipment, in my opinion, is the one in which you can accomplish your goals in a manner that is right for you.

I prefer film but use digital as well. Film isn't dead and digital isn't a passing fad. Both have their place but what matters most is the end result however you get there.

I shoot mostly film but i do have a dslr... i love the fact that i can shoot black and white and i dont have to be a wussy and work in PS.. i love that i have to learn how to shoot good photos, and then work on them in the darkroom by hand. and the fact that i can develope something i shot... while with digital you can just up load it on the computer and then most people start fixing it on photoshop.. makin it really nice or making the colors so much nicer.. i think its a lazy way to take a good photo IMO...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back