What Do You Do With Your Creations

All my photos are tagged and can easily be searched for so if for some reason I need a picture

I've built a few slide shows complete with audio backgrounds that play on the smart tvs via a wireless connection to a network drive, but it's labor intensive to physically sort and copy the images into a new file. Being able to sort and automate the process would be great. LR shows some promise in this area, but unfortunately there are a few years worth of images that have little or no tags or ratings.

We're all afraid to throw stuff out. I know I am. Especially if we think they're a part of us. But it becomes a heavy load to drag all that stuff through life. At 71, after retiring and moving three years ago to a new place, I just finally let go of loads of old negatives, prints, framed pictures, etc that I've been dragging around all my life but never really looking at. I did keep some photo albums, the disks I made into slide shows to show on a TV, assorted important slides and prints, but really got rid of the rest. In the past I kept saying to myself, "I really got to do something with all this stuff." Nothing ever got done really. I hardly ever looked at this stuff. Others were even less inclined to look.

You know, when we get rid of all the baggage we drag around in life, we're just left with ourselves, God and the people closest to us, with no distractions. It's quite interesting actually.

@Advanced Photo you are way out of my league!
That is far from true. Anyone can do what I do. I couldn't do it before I did it either, but then I started doing it and now I can do it... So could you if you wanted to.

Was that a lyric from a long forgotten song? Anyway, it's true.

if it's images I took for myself (not clients) they're generally up on facebook or instagram.

we print our best and hang them. Make gift books for birthdays, and xmas, and for special friends we give them larger prints if we know they will hang them. Go through your vast horde and you will find hat probably less than 1% are printable. the rest unless they have personal memory value are simply dross.

we print our best and hang them. Make gift books for birthdays, and xmas, and for special friends we give them larger prints if we know they will hang them. Go through your vast horde and you will find hat probably less than 1% are printable. the rest unless they have personal memory value are simply dross.
The exception is if you, like me, only keep printable photos and print everything you keep. Then you're dross-less. Isn't that a store?

The exception is if you, like me, only keep printable photos and print everything you keep. Then you're dross-less. Isn't that a store?

I never said I delete the dross! I keep all photos on external drives in duplicate. Not expensive, and not time consuming. My idea of what photo is best has been know to change. Also some photos print better on canvas as paintings, and others on the metallic etc. The only pictures I delete are the out of focus, shots of my feet, or some such.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back