What do you think of the Nikon D7500 ??

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to purchase a new camera.. i have been using the D7100 which i loved..but the flash needs to be repaired.. just pop pop sound.. sending it to Nikon....and hoping it won't be too pricey to repair.. In the meantime i have been looking at a new camera to purchase.. just would like some opinions on the D7500.. thanks

Just forgot to click my options ..i do want the emails.. thanks in advance..

.. just would like some opinions on the D7500..
Nikon made a mistake in the numbering scheme. It should have been called the D5700, as it is more of an upgrade to the D5xxx series. It is NOT a linear upgrade in the D7xxx series.

For the most part you should forget the camera even has that pop-up flash, unless using it for Commander mode. For under $100 you can use a real flash head.

swing and miss. I'd much rather have a D7200. But I don't think would upgrade from a D7100 for it.

swing and miss. I'd much rather have a D7200. But I don't think would upgrade from a D7100 for it.
okay thanks so much.. they are out of the D7200.. please explain your reason so i understand ..thanks

Nikon made a mistake in the numbering scheme. It should have been called the D5700, as it is more of an upgrade to the D5xxx series. It is NOT a linear upgrade in the D7xxx series.
so what your saying is.. not much of an upgrade at all if i purchased.

For the most part you should forget the camera even has that pop-up flash, unless using it for Commander mode. For under $100 you can use a real flash head.
yes thinking of just adding the flash attachment but there seems to be some other issues.. i need to have it checked to verify.. i will bring it with me to the camera store and have them check it out as much as possible...thanks

Yes. That is my opinion, bolstered by some others with the same opinion.

Aside from the built-in flash not working, is there any other reason you thought about changing bodies?

Yes. That is my opinion, bolstered by some others with the same opinion.

Aside from the built-in flash not working, is there any other reason you thought about changing bodies?
yes the camera seems to be somewhat blurry alot .. something else the camera store will check for me.. if there are these issues.. i would rather get a new one.. if it is just the flash issue i can get the attachment and keep going.. because over ALL love the D7100.. and if it is not a real upgrade then it is senseless to spend all that money.. so i do appreciate your help

okay thanks so much.. they are out of the D7200.. please explain your reason so i understand ..thanks

The D7200 IS better. But what you're really getting is the Sony sensor & EXPEED 4 over the Toshiba & 3 (so better IQ and ISO handling), and the increased buffer size. It's supposed to have better AF in low-light and built in wifi. Otherwise it's basically the same camera.

the D7500 is a downgrade IMHO because of some of the choices they made:

I liked the 24mp sensor, I haven't been to much of a fan of the 20MP one in the D500 and D7500.
Dual to Single SD slot. BOO HISS. This makes it less top-of-line and more average -- such a weird choice.

There are good improvements to the AF module and buffer and FPS is you need that. I don't care about shooting 4k, or a touchscreen, so a lot of improvements are a waste on me.

On paper the d7200 is a very minor upgrade to the d7100.

In real life it is faster to focus, gets focus in darker light, has a better buffer and nicer, less noticeable noise at higher iso levels.

In real life I found the d7200 to be a very worthwhile upgrade to the d7100

The D7200 IS better. But what you're really getting is the Sony sensor & EXPEED 4 over the Toshiba & 3 (so better IQ and ISO handling), and the increased buffer size. It's supposed to have better AF in low-light and built in wifi. Otherwise it's basically the same camera.

the D7500 is a downgrade IMHO because of some of the choices they made:

I liked the 24mp sensor, I haven't been to much of a fan of the 20MP one in the D500 and D7500.
Dual to Single SD slot. BOO HISS. This makes it less top-of-line and more average -- such a weird choice.

There are good improvements to the AF module and buffer and FPS is you need that. I don't care about shooting 4k, or a touchscreen, so a lot of improvements are a waste on me.
i have to agree with you totally on the card slot.....why do that??and i don't care about the wifi... but i do like faster.. i am so overwhelmed at the moment.. so wondering what is the best camera as a upgrade from D7100 in the price range of the D7500.. just in case i decide i need to upgrade if my d7100 is alot to repair..

On paper the d7200 is a very minor upgrade to the d7100.

In real life it is faster to focus, gets focus in darker light, has a better buffer and nicer, less noticeable noise at higher iso levels.

In real life I found the d7200 to be a very worthwhile upgrade to the d7100
I quess thats why they are out of stock in my camera store.

.. so wondering what is the best camera as a upgrade from D7100 in the price range of the D7500...
What price range is that? Also, do you have an end goal in mind? Also, what would be your budget for any upgrade? Also, what kind of photography are you into?

Most reactions

Back