What do you want???

what do i want???

what i cant have...

think about it.... isnt that true for everyone?? it doesnt matter what it is, its usually something unattainable...

i heard my preacher say one time, you spend the first half of your life sacrificing health for wealth...and the last part of you life sacrificing wealth for health....

if you say you want world peace, yeah, right, thats not happening...solve world hunger, nope, not gonna happen either...

love? great concept....but given time, it could be disproven for any and all couples under the right circumstances...

i sound negative, and i really am not... i'm a realist with a poets heart...who doesnt want true love, to wake up across from the person you love...? but even the ones who are delieriously happy right now, will learn in the years to come, that either the hot steamy love cools..... or it turns into a deep abiding friendship...and after years, your waking up to the person you love, and feel friendship like no other...

but no sizzle.....

i think i just really want peace. self peace....

and if you have family ( especially inlaws from hell...) then, thats not happening either.

so aside from all the heavy stuff, i think i just want a milkshake.....pretty much solves all the other things at one point or another!!!!

PlasticSpanner said:
I've already got what I want from life & that's life itself.

Everything good that happens to me is a bonus and everything bad is just another challenge to overcome. As long as I have a life to face these then I'm going to be happy!

Without my life I can't do anything and most of all I can't create or interact with other lives and give them their bonuses too!

It might sound corny but I thought about this many years ago when I was having problems as a teenager and it was the only answer I came up with that made any sense!:lol:

:thumbup:

aprilraven said:
what do i want???

what i cant have...

think about it.... isnt that true for everyone?? it doesnt matter what it is, its usually something unattainable...

i heard my preacher say one time, you spend the first half of your life sacrificing health for wealth...and the last part of you life sacrificing wealth for health....

if you say you want world peace, yeah, right, thats not happening...solve world hunger, nope, not gonna happen either...

love? great concept....but given time, it could be disproven for any and all couples under the right circumstances...

i sound negative, and i really am not... i'm a realist with a poets heart...who doesnt want true love, to wake up across from the person you love...? but even the ones who are delieriously happy right now, will learn in the years to come, that either the hot steamy love cools..... or it turns into a deep abiding friendship...and after years, your waking up to the person you love, and feel friendship like no other...

but no sizzle.....

i think i just really want peace. self peace....

and if you have family ( especially inlaws from hell...) then, thats not happening either.

so aside from all the heavy stuff, i think i just want a milkshake.....pretty much solves all the other things at one point or another!!!!

You're my hero.

I, too, now want a milkshake.

:drool:

Verbal said:
You're my hero.

I, too, now want a milkshake.

:drool:

your just easy, and i like that in a person... :mrgreen:

and i have had very little sleep the last week..so my usually sunny personality is rather partly cloudy.....but ...you gotta admit there is
truth there...

(thanks verbal.... i have never been anyones hero...do i need a huge "s"
on my shirt????? i gotta tell ya...leaping tall buildings.... i am so out!! if theres an elevator, i am so your girl!! ) :er:

Yes, I am admittedly easy.

Girl: "Hi."

Verbal: "YES I'LL DATE YOU"

lol :greenpbl:

that's not entirely true actually, but you get the idea... :p

Anyway, being my hero honestly isn't that big of a thing... to give you an idea, Captain Kangaroo is also my hero.

:mrgreen:

We rarely, if ever, get what we want so I make it a strict principle not to want anything. That way I'm never disappointed - and sometimes pleasantly suprised.

Hertz van Rental said:
We rarely, if ever, get what we want so I make it a strict principal not to want anything. That way I'm never disappointed - and sometimes pleasantly suprised.

couldn't have put it better myself....although finding a soul mate to spend my days with is a "wish" of mine.

Hertz van Rental said:
Go through your bin and use a hairdryer - or are you too middle class for that :lol:

Actually, I haven't put them in the bin yet - they are on the clothes line at the mo, but I think it's a bit cold to dry them out - might just whack em all in a big cup and mash for england!

tempra said:
Actually, I haven't put them in the bin yet - they are on the clothes line at the mo, but I think it's a bit cold to dry them out - might just whack em all in a big cup and mash for england!
Boil them up in the copper overnight. What you don't drink you can use to mend the drive.

Just remembered where I've seen your avatar.
Uncle Joe's Mintballs. Good one.

Hertz van Rental said:
Boil them up in the copper overnight. What you don't drink you can use to mend the drive.

bit late for that now - wasn't the best cuppa I've ever had :meh:

Hertz van Rental said:
Just remembered where I've seen your avatar.
Uncle Joe's Mintballs. Good one.

Heh, not a lot of people know about them - well spotted :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back