What makes it a "photo"?

Happy Accident :p

I've had a few :mrgreen:

Most artists have had a few (or more) and there is nothing wrong with them. I mean, what the hell do we really know in the first place? Most artists who made it big, did so by accident somewhere along the line.

Oh, I thought the artists who made it big nowadays just know the right people. Or have the money get out there. :p

Last edited:
a snapshot for me is one that only appeals to the person who took the image or the people in the image,or knows the photographer, a photograph appeals to strangers.

Well said.

just my 2 cents, I think any piece of art has to tell a story and captivate ones who look at it. art is anything and everything you want it to be. its a personal preference. I have seen art that sells for $1000's that i wouldnt pay a dime for and i also have seen the opposite side of that. Im a chef and culinary cooking is also an art. just to put it in a different perspective for ya. if i gave a pork loin, some potatoes, and broccoli to most people they will bake the pork, steam the veg, and boil the potatoes. (snapshot...) but if you put garlic and rosemary perfectly in the center of the loin and make perfect cuts and display it as 3 slices with the garlic rosemary showing, slice the potatoes real thin, marinade them and toss them on the grill getting those nice grill lines on them. Take the broccoli and maybe purposely char it for the color and add red and yellow peppers... well you will have a very different tasting dish. more palatable and pleasing to the eye. (photo) I just think its putting thought into it. use the rules and be creative. think things out before you release the shutter as others have said. but most of all have fun.
just to add some of the great photographers like for NatGeo sit for weeks waiting for the perfect background, mist on the ground and lighting. it all depends what you want to do with your camera.
Most of all have fun regardless ...
Hope it helps

Most reactions

New Topics

Back