What pictures to post

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by darin3200, Oct 15, 2006.

1. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

I used to take pictures to post online and get feedback and comments. But I'm realizing now that I'm taking photos for me and just because I take a good picture doesn't mean I have to show it to anyone.

I was about to upload a photo to DA but then I just decided not to. It's a nice portrait with sharp focus, good DOF, I spent half an hour printing it to get the tones just right.

But thinking it over, it's not a picture for the world. It's a picture for me and her.

I didn't take that photo to get feedback and I could care less what anyone thinks about it.

The reason I bring this up is to ask why people post their photos, for comments, critiques, praise?

I'm still trying to figure out why I do.

2. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would have to agree that initially it was more of a comment/critique that I was looking for. if I got over 7 posts, it was a pat on the back (oh.. and maybe a sundae thrown in there) But now I find that I could honestly care less the number of comments, in comparison to the honest critiques. Personally, I would rather have someone tear my picture apart with dislikes (maybe a like here or there) in comparison to an "I like it". Now, I am not saying those aren't appreciated, but, I will take critique any day.

Hmm... now I am rambling. Back to essay writing.

3. darin3200

darin3200 TPF Noob!

Yeah, I agree with you. At first the simple positive comments were great but anymore they just don't carry as much weight.