What would you have done?

What is your view on my messaging this person...

• Total voters
Dude. It's a FACEBOOK PROFILE picture.

If I messaged everyone that looked like a ridiculous idiot in their profile picture, I'd never get any photography work done. :greenpbl:

If I messaged everyone that looked like a ridiculous idiot in their profile picture, I'd never get any photography work done. :greenpbl:

Or even be able to leave the house.

I can't leave the house now because of all the photography work I'm trying to catch up on. :lol:

But yes... that too.

I think you WAY overstepped your boundaries Goonies. Sorry.

In lack of a "out of line"-option, I chose "What an Ahole, you should just keep your mouth shut".

I'm sure I'd like a "long lost acquaintance" (stretched the term, ofc) commenting on photographic flaws of my facebook profile picture. I mean... It's facebook. Was it a profile picture on www.modelswithproprofilepictures.com then perhaps your mail would be appropriate... or rather, accepted.

I think you guys are missing an important part to the explanation The point of the critique was due to this girls profession and how she is trying to come off on her facebook in terms of showing off her modeling pictures. I don't really care all that much, and although it pissed me off, I am not losing sleep over it. I just found it interesting to see what other photographers thought. This ISNT the same as just messaging every random person with a critique.

+1 I really wouldn't lose sleep over it at all.
I don't think you did wrong and I don't think you did right - you did something and in the end its had a reaction, but I wouldn't let it worry you (chances are the whole incident will be forgotten once she gets a new profile pic).

however as we are on the whole profile pic thingies - Erose - we need something new! Duckface is soooo last year - modernize :)

I get your point, but you mustn't have reflected over this much... no offence intended. It seems to me that this persons is someone who you'd barely say "hi" to walking past them. It should be mentioned that I'm a little prejudiced against all "models" advertising on facebook, and really couldn't have cared less about how they market themselves.

No offense, but I got it. I think the point your missing is it's FB. If she's a professional model, I doubt she's using FB profile pics to get work. Choose an important battle.

+1 I really wouldn't lose sleep over it at all.
I don't think you did wrong and I don't think you did right - you did something and in the end its had a reaction, but I wouldn't let it worry you (chances are the whole incident will be forgotten once she gets a new profile pic).

however as we are on the whole profile pic thingies - Erose - we need something new! Duckface is soooo last year - modernize :)

I suggest the classic "baby" pic.. I'm doing it now.

Well, hey, if you are on someones friend list, and constantly post photography and modeling related links and posts, you should be able to handle a discussion about those topics, is that not correct atleast? I mean, after all, is that not the point of a social network? If all you use facebook for is to spam people with links and articles and topics, then in essence you ARE using facebook as a business tool. In hindsight I agree I should not have said a thing. I believe that even more now considering how much of a fruitloop the girl became after the fact, I would have rather let her look goofy lol.

Is there a new "cliche" pic that has overtaken the duckface? I can't recall seeing anything new....hmmmm

Well, hey, if you are on someones friend list, and constantly post photography and modeling related links and posts, you should be able to handle a discussion about those topics, is that not correct atleast?

This info, plus your comments about her obviously being infatuated with her looks, screams vanity. You can't have a reasonable expectation of a reasonable conversation with the vain.

Well, hey, if you are on someones friend list, and constantly post photography and modeling related links and posts, you should be able to handle a discussion about those topics, is that not correct atleast?

This info, plus your comments about her obviously being infatuated with her looks, screams vanity. You can't have a reasonable expectation of a reasonable conversation with the vain.
Very true.....

Most reactions

New Topics

Back