Whats the most damage youve done to your camera

hot shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
List whats the worst youve put a camera thro

Mine would proably be melting my cannon eos 10

The little spool that has the teeth that pulls the film was broke on my old Praktica MTL-3. The problem was that the outside piece was disconnected so I put epoxy on it, but to speed up drying I put it really close to a light that was much more powerful than I had expected. The rings on the top and the bottom of the spool had melted and just folded in. Yeah...it basically sucks, I need to fix.

Somehow the lens got screwed up for a while and all my pictures were too exposed/under exposed.

How did you melt your EOS 10??!!

when i was 15 i got a pentax slr for christmas and dropped it lens first on the floor. The lens broke and i had to save up for months before i could afford to have it fixed. I was gutted

I had mine N70 on a tripod.....err well, I THOUGHT I had it on a tripod....instead it decided it want to fall to the ground. Only problem it had was a broken battery door. It was a trooper!

Had an old Olympus one, left it in my coat pocket and unwittingly sat on it one day. Only damaged the lens cover so that it didn't spring open and closed properly... But the lens cover is also the on/off switch! Grrrr!

The worst I have done to a camera is to drop my Olumpus 12 feet into a toilet bowl (don't ask). Apart from a small dent in the base plate it was unharmed, finished the shoot and is still going 25 years later.
The best was to pick up a brand new 10x8 lens when half asleep. I had hold of the lens cap by mistake and it and the lens parted company. Guess which bit of the lens hit the concrete first.
That lens had cost £3,500!
People still remembered me doing that 15 years later :grumpy:

I had an old Pentax SLR (whose shutter has now failed me), which I was carrying around outside. Now, 99% of the time, I have the neck strap on, but of course, this one time I didn't. It proceeded to jump out of my hands, crash with a bang and go skidding a foot or two across the ice. No visible damage. :)

well the dropping it 12 feet is winning at the moment the aim is quite impressing

I messed up a digital by dropping it 4' onto the kitchen floor. Had to toss it (actually sold it and all cords etc on ebay for parts)
In 1986 I droped a Yashica FX3Super with long telephoto lens same 4' distance. I retrieved all the parts, lens and body pieces. The repair shop said beyond repair but I epoxied it back together and still use it today. yes I am sold on mechanical SLR over digital!

I've been lucky so far and have had no mishaps with cameras.. but my dad dropped his Olympus trip over the side of the isle of wright ferry :mrgreen: :lmao:

I have you all beaten.

Combine this:
min.jpg

With this:
eif.jpg

Can you guess what happened next?

Rob

Most reactions

Back