What's your monitor resolution

What's your monitor resolution?

• Total voters

Harpper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I know that not everyone uses a large monitor resolution so I wanted to see what was the average resolution on this forum. The reason I ask is that some pictures look better at a larger size, but I don't want to make people side scroll on a regular basis. I find that annoying myself so I wanted to see what's the largest resolution I can use without going overboard.

I almost always use 600 maximum when posting photos. Every now and then I'll use 800.

But my monitor is 1280x1024

yup 1280X960 is usually used in either laptops or widescreen setups.

1280x1024 here also, although I do go up to 1600x1200 when I'm working with ridiculously large images. :D

urameatball said:
the 1280x960 you listed... isn't that for widescreen?
Yeah, sorry about that. I accidentally wrote down the resolution from my laptop. I can't edit my poll so unless a mod changes it just pretend it's 1280x1024.

This is a great pole, average monitor resolution is such an important variable in web design, i.e photos size. I wonder if someone has conducted a valid survey of these numbers. I go by looking at the Dell, HP etc web sites to determine what they are selling in their packages to decided what pixel size to make my website photos. I now assume the average monitor in the US is 1280X800, among other users mostly photography buffs in eastern Europe and else where in the world the resolutions maybe considerably less, I am in touch with some of them and the photos on my site are too large for their displays and they have to scroll to see the entire photo, which of course is a huge problem. I posted max 650 pix for my web photos but will change to 800 next update. I hope this works best on most monitors.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back