When on the road not for photography

pantherlax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a pretty general question and what you guys do;

I like to take my camera everywhere, and when we are on the road going to places, i dont have time to stop and take a picture. Maybe because we are on the highway or because it would be a hassle to stop to let me take a pic so many times.
Anyways, when you guys are driving for non-photographic situations, do you take pictures when you are driving, as the car moves?
Do you often stop so you can take a picture?

This is kind of a silly question but I new to photography and want to know what other people do. thanks

when i want quality....i would stop and take the picture...when i just want snap shot....i would do it in the car.....car shake reduces the quality of the image (unless you want the shaking effect)

Do you often stop so you can take a picture?

Yes. I also find that most highways aren't all that scenic, so I tend to take the back roads.

If the driver won't stop, I bash them in the head with one of my old film SLRs (see they still have some uses ;) ).

I would only take a photo from a moving vehicle if sharpness was not important, or I desired to get motion blur, like what this guy is doing

http://tomyi.smugmug.com/gallery/2443244#128315072

I've shot while driving, but not anything serious. I keep a little Nikon point-and-shoot handy in the car when I go on a road trip so I can shoot using the LCD screen and hope for the best. Haven't crashed yet, but I haven't gotten any memorable photos this way either.

When I had a point and shoot (before both crapped out on me) I would always take pictures while driving.
When on a road trip with a specific destination in mind I usually keep the camera out of reach. Often we'll take back roads if I'm really looking for something to shoot.
My boyfriends pretty good at stopping for me to take pictures. Often we'll drive by something nice and at first I'll say 'no. thats ok' but then he can tell I'm sad so he'll turn around if it's not far.

There was a time when I took tons of road trips and made the driver stop. Not a pretty sight when cruising down I 80 in hopes of reaching our destination in a reasonable amount of time. This Friday I will start one of many solo road trips. Jackson to Boise takes 6 hours. I plan on taking 7.5 hours. I refuse to take a shot out of a moving car. At least when doing 65 mph.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back