Where can I read the basics?

Dave V

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As in the title, I am looking for some literature that I can pick up the basics of photography from, any replies and recomendations are appreciated!! :thumbup:

It's a while since I've needed something at that level, but I'd probably go for something like Basic Photography by Michael Langford.

You don't say where you are, but apparently it's internationally available.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You don't say where you are, but apparently it's internationally available.

Fixed!

My local Waterstones should stock it, is there anything else that would be a good read for me without being too complicated?

Ansel Adams' books should be in your local library. He described mostly large format cameras but the principals still apply to all cameras. The zone system will help immensely!

Go to any book store and theyll sell photography books.. alot come with dvd or pc follow along tutorials which are nice.

The second best thing.. go take some classes at your local collage. There usually not expensive. Like i know wilkes university in pennsylvania offers outside classes for $140 a class, and 1 credit per course. Which can earn you up to 8 credits, which is wonderful incase you plan on goin to college for a degree, a 4 year degree is now down to maybe 2 or 3 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back