where's the RAW?

JimmyJaceyMom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I decided to try and shoot in raw today and I chose RAW+L which is a raw file with a jpeg imbedded in it I thought. SO i go to put them on to edit and only the jpeg image is there. I know raw files need a raw converter but there isnt anything to convert?!?!?! Where the heck is it? Anyone?

How did you try to download it to your PC?

I put my flash card into my card reader and then used the program I usually use to put them on - Dell Picture studio... I thought that it would show the jpeg's and then maybe some sort of icon for the raw and that then I would have to open those in the raw conversion program,,, that's what my mom had to do. But for me, the raw icon's never showed up!

I put my flash card into my card reader and then used the program I usually use to put them on - Dell Picture studio... I thought that it would show the jpeg's and then maybe some sort of icon for the raw and that then I would have to open those in the raw conversion program,,, that's what my mom had to do. But for me, the raw icon's never showed up!

Probably because Dell's software will not recognise the RAW.

Use Windows XP to drag the files from the Card Reader to a folder on your PC. You should be able to use XP to see the RAW file and you'll need a converter though to edit it.

Probably because Dell's software will not recognise the RAW.

Use Windows XP to drag the files from the Card Reader to a folder on your PC. You should be able to use XP to see the RAW file and you'll need a converter though to edit it.

Oh cool I will have to figure out how to do that... I am a cmputer dummy.. You have described it well though so I will try to do jus tthat. My mom got a free RAW converter online to edit her raw images. I was going ot do the same thing. Thanks for your help!

Oh cool I will have to figure out how to do that... I am a cmputer dummy.. You have described it well though so I will try to do jus tthat. My mom got a free RAW converter online to edit her raw images. I was going ot do the same thing. Thanks for your help!

Put the card into the card reader and attach it by USB to your PC. Go into My Computer and click on the icon for the removeable drive. If you see a folder double click. If you see the files great if you see another folder double click that until you see your images. Once done drag and drop to a folder on your desktop (or hard drive)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back