Wide Angle Lens

phogan22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking around for a wide angle lens as an upgrade to my current (Canon 18-55mm) lens.

I have looked at a bunch of different ones, but one that I have been drawn toward is the Sigma 10-20mm because it seems to be the best value. I am not looking to spend more than roughly $600.

The lens would mainly be used for cityscapes, landscapes, and definitely some different effects on mountain biking. I was looking for a lens with a large angle of view.

My main questions:
Is the Sigma 10-20mm a good value?
Is the angle of view what I should be looking at or is there something else which is a little more important?

Thanks,
Paul

I use the Sigma on my d200 and love it. for the price it is definatly worth it. Its decently sharp, solidly built and about half the price of the Nikon 12-24mm

Your two best options are probably the Sigma and the Canon 10-22mm.

I went with the Canon because it seemed to be the better lens, but the Sigma is a nice bit cheaper.

Thanks, the one problem with the Sigma that I've heard is that it's a little soft around the corners of the picture. Is that really a major factor?

That's what some reviews say, and that's what some people repeat, but I've not noticed it myself to be honest.

It's the extreme corners, where nothings is going to be anyway.

Sigma makes a 12-24 that will work on 35mm, that might be worth looking into.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back