Will anyone edit my photo? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorinaRose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my dad take a few photos of me yesterday, and I want to use them to submit to acting companies (to be an extra). Obviously, they are very amateur, but we used a high-quality camera.

I dunno if anyone will, but I was wondering if someone could potentially one or more of them look better and more professional. :)? I am new to this picture game, and I've tried to use Photoshop and Gimp and I just don't understand them very well right now.

http://i.imgur.com/BuJ6F.jpg

This was someone's edit:
http://i.imgur.com/TrYSG.jpg

Last edited:
I'll give it a whirl.

If you truly want to get into the acting business, pony up and have a professional shoot done. Submitting a pix like this, no matter how dolled up it gets, will look amateurish.

Thank you MissCream! :3

480sparky: I am not sure whether or not I'm serious about it yet. I like to act, but I haven't had any real background in it. I'm not going to shell out the money to get a professional shot, just to be turned down in the casting calls. I just want to have a light career in extra work; I don't think that you need to be a professional actor to be an extra. Anyways, point is, I don't have the money right now to get professional shots done. This is the best I have with the resources given to me (i.e. a camera and a house). I've taken pictures in the past with the same result quality-wise. And I still don't have money. :C I want to be an amateur actor, not the next Angelina Jolie, so I'm going to try and get the best-looking picture without paying a professional.

You have a brain........do some research on headshots!! (no money needed) Then re-shoot w/ your dad. It's a digital camera so take as many shots as you need.

But like said above, if you want to be an actor you'll have to pay for better shots.
headshots 101 - What is a headshot?

I have done plenty of research on headshots. However, I do not have access to anyone/anything else. This is the most I have access to. I do not know anyone who is a professional photographer. The places I took these photos are the best places I could find in my entire two houses of living.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just saying that I can not take any pictures better than this. This is the best I could do. I know I don't look great, and the quality isn't great, but without money, this is all I could come up with.

Where do you want me to send it? It's not the greatest because it wasn't a great picture. If you do re-shoot it make sure that you stand A LOT further away from the wall, that way you won't get that awful shadow.

Check with a local college that has an art/photography department. Talk to some of the teachers and see if they can recommend a talented student who would like to trade time for cd/prints.

Go to craigslist.org and post or read the posts in your closest city. A lot of times there are photographers that are just starting out that will do the shots for free to mutually boost their portfolio by giving you free shots.

I'm not going to shell out the money to get a professional shot, just to be turned down in the casting calls.
Uh, your logic is fatally flawed. You're more likely to get turned down in casting calls if your photos are obviously amateur made.

Even successful extras/actors having a butt-load of professionally made photos get turned down in casting calls from time to time.

No, I mean I haven't been trained in acting, I'm not very good, etc. I just want to be an extra in a few movies/anythings to have the experience. I don't see the use of spending $200 just to be an extra - ANYone can be an extra.

Just wondering....where do you live?

I live near Philadelphia.

Well, the photo that you have uploaded really isn't much to work with. You are very pretty, apart from the lip gear which is a distraction, but that's my personal view, not yours. The comment made from mishele regarding a photo school is a good place to start, it's probably better and safer than searching someone online in your area.

Good luck with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back