Will it fit?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Lackoffunding, May 23, 2007.

1. Lackoffunding

Lackoffunding TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I am looking at getting the canon EFS 10-22mm f 3.5/4.5 USM lens for my digital rebel. The product description says that it comes with the EFS mount exclusive to the digi rebel and the 20d. Does this mean it will not fit a 5D if I decide to upgrade?

thanks

2. soylentgreen

soylentgreen TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    No it will not fit. The EF-S has that gray rubber seal near the lens mount inherent to their line for weather seal, etc. that fits in a recess for the Rebel, 20d & 30D. Other canon bodies do not have this recess.

3. Lackoffunding

Lackoffunding TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thats a shame, but thanks for the help. I will avoid the EFS then.

4. firemedic0135

firemedic0135 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    These canon lenses hold thier value very well and if you upgraded you could recover most of your cost.Might be worth it unless you plan on upgrading in the near future.
    Not trying to talk you into buying it but just giving another POV:thumbup:

5. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the 10-22 is supposed to give you a field of view of 16-35mm on the cropped bodies. You're not going to get that kind of range otherwise. Avoiding that particular lens if you need a wide angle is IMO, a dumb move. If you upgrade to a 5D, you buy the 16-35.

6. Lackoffunding

Lackoffunding TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm... I was planning on upgrading to the 5D in about a year or so, and was considering just saving up and purchasing the 16-35 by mid summer. I dont "need" a wide angle lens anytime soon, it would just be nice. Would it make more sense to buy this lens and then upgrade with the new camera to the 16-35?

thanks

7. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you have something you need to shoot today, buy it. Otherwise, it's your decision.

8. I have the 16-35, and had it on a cropped camera for years (D60). I have a 5D now, and have come to find it too wide a lot of the time. It's back on the D60 now as my second body when I shoot parties.